cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdelivery tolerance for Purchase requisition

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

My client is maintaining rounding value for a material in material master.Then he makes Purchase requisition for this material which he later on converts into Purchase order.Here if he creates a PO for a material which has rounding value system is ignoring the PR quantity.It is creating PO quantity in multiples of Rounding value.

Now their requirement is for ex:-If rounding value is maintained for a material as 160,If we create PR for this material as 200 quantity then when converting this PR to PO system will take PO quantity as 320 but system will not allow to post the PO as PR quantity is 200.

They here need a tolerance limit where even if PR quantity is exceeded till some percentage it should allow to post the Purchase order.

Is there any customizing settings through which I can do this.

Please help me in finding a solution to this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Pradeesh.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeesh,

I see two possibilities: either you've set some messages up to be hard errors, or you've put in an enhancement.

For the error messages, see http://scn.sap.com/thread/3319199, which explains the relevant error messages and how to configure them.

If it's an enhancement, you'll have to check with your ABAP team.

What's the message you're getting when you try to save the PO?

- Jeff

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

When trying to post PO,system is giving error message as Materials of requisition & item & already ordered in full Version (00), Application Area (06), No (076).We had set this message to error message when a issue came before that against one service PR,system is allowing to make multiple PO.

Then that issue was solved.Now they want if rounding value for a material is set system should consider this rounding value when making a PO irrespective of the quantity in PR.

Is there a alternate solution other than setting a error message.Can a ABAP Consultant help me in this case,if yes can you guide me how.

Kind regards,

Pradeesh.P

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error message you are getting in MIGO?

Can you please inform message number? I tried in my system is allowed me to post GR

Thanks

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diwakar,

He said that the problem is that he can't post the PO.  The problem doesn't seem to be with the GR.

- Jeff

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff G ,

If its a PO, he can set Message 00-06-076 to warning (W)

In Spro>MM>Purchasing>Environment >attribute of system messages

It will allow to post PO

Thanks

DD

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

06076 message get issued if you try to create another order for a requisition which is already converted completely into a PO.

I cannot imagine how this message could be triggered if you process a requisition a first time.

In any case there is no tolerance setting for this message nor for any other to accommodate this requirement. Here a exit of Badi is needed to do this check.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Its based on the rounding profile, when you have Qty.100 in PR and rounding profile Quanity in

material master is maintianed as 200, then based on these settings, while converting PR to

PO, quantity 200 will be defaulted, with this message being an error it will not allow to proceed

Thanks

DD