cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Non Leading ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have 13 companies and implemented SAP in all. We have assigned same FY (K4 - Jan-Dec), COA (1000),  and controlling area 1000 where we generate reports at group level. Now we have a new company joint ventured with a Japan co, wherein their requirement is to report April-March.

We are planning to address Japan reporting by activating non leading ledger by which we can assign different FY (V3). Could you please suggest us is it the best way and the pros and cons .

Although we have ECC 6, we have not activated new GL for any companies, we are planning to activate for the new company and assign to the same controlling area.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can create Non-leading ledger parallel  with your Leading ledger for addressing japan co reporting with diff FYV. I think this is the option because you want to use same controlling area.

But as you now planning to use new GL concept in your JV , and the FYV also diff, It will be always better proposition to implement this as a new instance by org structure for smooth flow of transaction and reports. Here you have also some dependency with your JV company and if you take this instance also in your gr company parameter , may affect your closing activities due to JV transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kamal,

Thank you very much for the information. Could you please confirm if we can generate reports in controlling by activating non leading ledger for Japan as per their standard (Apr-Mar)

Thanks,

Lokesh

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes...non-leading ledger is only for reporting purposes and can be maintained with diff FYV ..so there will be no issue. The probable issues I have already discussed in my earlier post

Answers (0)