cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP with STO PRs for Raw Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EVeryone,

Raw Material M-001 is transfer from Pant A ( Supply plant) to Plant B (Reciveing Plant) thru STO (Intercompany). Currently we are creating PR manually,  I would like to create a STO PR for supplying Plant A thru MRP, what would be the setup in Material Master and customizing for MRP

M-001 is raw material and it will be use as raw material in Plant B to prodcue material FG-001.

Should we use MRP for FG-001 as well to generate the requirment of M-001? without using MRP for FG-001 will it not possible to generate STO PR?

I know that special procurement Key and procurement type needs to configure in Material master, but I need to know what strategy we would going to use if we only generate STO PRs.

Thanks

Shree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Shree

If you want to have stock transfers generated by MRP you should use the proper special procurement type.

When you create production orders or planned orders for material FG-001 the reservations/dependent requirements will be also generated for the raw material M-001. Therefore, when you run MRP for this material, it will generate stock transfer requisitions.

It is possible to have stock transfers generated by MRP even without running MRP for the parent material, if you are using a reorder point MRP type, a safety stock or a forecast, for example.

However, the most common scenario is to use a planning strategy (generally 40) for the parent material, create PIRs on transaction MD61 for this material and let MRP do the rest of the job.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano for your quick reply.

Could you please explain me how to setup the system without running the MRP for parent item?

Appriciate your response

Thx

Shree

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shree

How are you creating orders for the parent material? Are you creating production orders manually?

If there are production orders for the parent material, then the reservations will drive a requirement for the raw material automatically. In this case, it is not necessary to run MRP for the parent material. Just set MRP type PD for the raw material and the special procurement type and MRP will generate stock transfers to cover the production order reservations.

If there are no requirements for the raw material, you may use MRP type VB for the raw material and define a reorder point on the material master. MRP will generate a new stock transfer when the stock is below the reorder point.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently creating manually production order..

Thanks Caetano for reply, its really helpful

Thx

Shree

Answers (0)