cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL Change Query - applies by default

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently on ECC 6.0 EHP 4 and are upgrading to EHP6. We use POWL Queries to assist users to pull data.

In the Portal when i click on "Change Query" option for a query, enter new selection criteria and press <enter> the query automatically applies the new selection criteria and runs to pull the corresponding records.

While in EHP4, once we enter the new selection criteria and press <enter> system just validates the entry. Upon clicking on <APPLY> the new set of selection criteria is saved and applied to the query.

Is there a way i can adjust this setting ? Any modifications done to selection criteria "Change Query" should only be applied when user clicks on <APPLY> not when <ENTER> is clicked.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Sircc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ionbarbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sircc,

Indeed in EHP6, pressing enter in the change query screen emulates the behavior of the apply button. I do not know of any way to change this behavior without custom development, which I would not recommend as this would make changes to a core POWL component.

One more thing that you should be aware about moving from EHP4 to EHP6 is the changes to the authorization object for POWL applications. You mentioned that currently users take advantage of the "change query" functionality. The CA_POWL authorization object determines the user's ability to preform these actions. As of EHP6, users need to have 'create' or 'change' access in this object to be able to use it.

Combining the above two thoughts, perhaps this would be a good time to get users to preform their data pulling using 'selection criteria' rather than changing queries. As long as all the relevant fields are exposed (via customizing), users can make changes to the selection criteria as necessary.

Regards,

Ion Barbu