cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius and HTML5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a report in Crystal XCelsius that creates a Flash object. I've upgraded to Dashboards 4.1 with the understanding that I could choose HTML5 as the output for compatibility with IOS devices.

I can't see how to do this. Do I need an SAP account in order to do so?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donald.

Dashboards designer 4.1 does not have the option to export a model in HTML 5 format. In order to be able to view dashboards on iPad, you need BusinessObjects environment where you could export the model. Once the dashboard model is exported to BusinessObjects, you can have your end-users connect to the BO enterprise servers through their iPad and view the published dashboard. The connectivity between iPad and BO enterprise is achieved with the help of SAP BI app that needs to be installed on iPad.

The dashboard model that is exported to BOE is saved as a mobile format. When the dashboard is viewed through the SAP BI app on your iPad, the dashboard would get rendered in HTML5 format. However, there is no direct way to export a model in HTML5 format and view it externally without the SAP BI app or BusinessObjects.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Niraj