cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab key does not work when exporting report to MS Word

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a crystal report that was converted from Crystal 8.5 to Crystal 13 that comes with Visual Studio 2010.  When users request it, the code exports the report into MS Word using the following:

• crExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.EditableRTF;
  • crExportOptions.FormatOptions = crFormatWordOptions;
  • crystalReport.Export();

Since it was moved to VS 2010, the tab key does not work in the resulting Word document no matter what version of Word our users have 2003, 2010, or 2013.  Going to the ‘Format\Tabs’ menu option in Word 2003 revealed that the ‘Default tab stop’ value was changed from 0.5 to 0 during the process of export from Crystal to Word!  If we manually change this back to 0.5 everything is fine and under Crystal 8.5 everything was fine too.  It started happening only after migrating to Crystal 13.  I am not sure what the last update to Crystal was, CRforVS_13_0_5.exe or CRforVS_13_0_7.exe.  Is there any way I can tell? I have not been able to find anything about this problem online and appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Reza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reza

Last update for CRVS is Service Pack 10. SP 12 will be released later this week / mid next week. See if SP 10 helps. If not, let me know and I'll do a quick test. SP 10 is here (make sure you use the install exe on your dev computer):

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)