cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard script error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Dashboard Design 2011 SP9 and I get the following error: "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" Whichever I choose I don't notice a difference. I can use the program, but I can't open any other Excel file in my pc while the dashboard is open. When I try to open an Excel file it waits a few minutes then nothing happens. All this began when I started using Office 365. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is there a fix?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Excel 2010 on my pc and working with Dashboard for many years. Then I purchased Office 365 with Excel 2013. I have both versions on my pc. Is there a way to open Dashboard using Excel 2010 so it works? I think every Excel file now defaults to Excel 2013. Or do I need to uninstall Excel 2013? Thanks for letting me know 2013 Excel is not compatible with dashboard.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its not possible, I hope by default it takes the higher version of the excel and you cannot restrict it. As you said best way to overcome this confusion better uninstall the Excel 2013 and go with 2010.

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excel 2013 is compatible with Dashboards 4.1 not Dashboards 4.0.

However there are some issues which are reported with 2013 and would be fixed in the future releases.

So you can install Dashboards 4.1 i.e. 2013 and it should be fine with the compatiblity part.

The script error that you are getting is more likely because of the proxy settings/internet connection.

As said earlier when you launch Dashboards application it will look for some external links for the initial start page and advertisements and when it fails to connect you may get error in launching the application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I'm still a little confused on this. Now that I've purchased 4.1 I thought the script error would go away and I thought I'd be able to open another Excel file while Dashboard is open. But, neither of these were solved. I'm in the same position as before purchasing 4.1. Are you saying these problem will be fixed in a future update? Is there anything I can do now? Or, just wait?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Amit is right.

When you launch dashboards you will see two processes -> xcelsius.exe and excel.exe.

Another launch of excel.exe could crash the Dashboards application.
Also if somehow the excel.exe is running in task manager you cannot laucnh Dashboards. you need to kill that excel.exe process.

And the start page can be disabled in the registry.

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

1)Office 365 is not supported version for Dashboards.

2)you are getting the script error because once we launch the Dashboards application it tries to access some external links such as sap.com and businessobjects.com which are not accesible and we get the error or the application crashes.

3)Another importang thing for dashboard is only once excel.exe must be running otherwise it would lead to application crash.

Regards,

Amit