cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To calculate No of Students in BEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a requiremnt to find out the number of students with noraml and abnormal eye sight based on 3 characteristics ( Left eye, right eye, and Use of Lens).

All thes characteristics have following values ( Normal, A-low, A-high, B-low, B-High, C-low etc)

Number of Students with Normal eye sight - If my 3 characteristics have value "Normal" then the student is normal.

To achieve this, In columns I have created a selection restricting these 3 charcteistics with value "Normal" and able to find out the result.

Number of Students with Abnormal eye sight - If any one of 3 characteristics has value other than normal than the student is abnormal.

How to find out this..?

I tried restricting my 3 charcteristics with other than  "normal" values but it doesnt work.  it works only when all the 3 charcteriscs have values not equal to "normal". But the condition i want is if any one carcteristics has value other than "normal" it shud count as a abnormal student,

please guide me.

thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

What Loed Despuig replied is right. You can put it in different way.

In the report there should be 2 KF in Display Mode.

KF_TESTED =  No of students tested  = 1

Add 3 more KF and Hide those.

RKF_LEFT_NORMAL = KF_TESTED - restrict on Char LEFT_EYE = NORMAL

RKF_RIGHT_NORMAL = KF_TESTED - restrict on Char RIGHT_EYE = NORMAL

RKF_LENSE_NORMAL = KF_TESTED - restrict on Char USE_OF_LENS = NORMAL

Add Formula columns as below

KF_NORMAL = (RKF_LEFT_NORMAL+RKF_RIGHT_NORMAL+RKF_LENSE_NORMAL == 3) * 1

KF_ABNORMAL = (RKF_LEFT_NORMAL+RKF_RIGHT_NORMAL+RKF_LENSE_NORMAL <> 3) * 1

Note: Exc Aggre should set to Student_ID

Dept      No of students tested   No of studnts normal      No of students Abnormal

Mech          4                                   1                                        3

Regards,

Sucheta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Implemented as sucheta suggested.

Thank you all for your time and knowledge.

Thanks

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Instead of inccluding characterstics other than normal for abnormal key-figure why don't you use the exclude option and exclude 'normal' only.

This should help you in achieving the desired result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

I tried already but it doesnt working. The condition satisfy only when all the 3 characteristics have values other than "Normal"

ex student1 will not be considered as his left eye is normal

Student2 will be counted because all 3 characteristics hav values other than normal.

hope you understand. 

We dont want to disturb the dataflow, shud be acheived at front end.

thanks

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Ok now i get it.

Create 3 different key-figures  for each of the characterstic and restrict them with value other than 'normal'.

Now create a calculated key-figure and use these 3 key-figures and write a condition to check if any of them returns a value using 'if' condition.

If yes display abnormal.

Regards,

Amit

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if conditions not satisfy check with the applying the exception aggregation.

create the all  diffrent KFvalues with  resctricting the  Normal, A-low, A-high, B-low, B-High, C-low etc) and abnormal.

then apply the exception aggregation -> create the new formula -> insert the resctricted KF -> select exception aggregation -> summation/total -> put the reference char -> student id

check the out put.

Thanks,

Phani.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Can you post here your desired report layout?

Right now, the solution I can think is to have a DUMMY KF in the transformation level and make a FIELD ROUTINE for the three (3) characteristics (Left eye, right eye, and Use of Lens)..

Routine Code:

if LEFT_EYE = "NORMAL" and RIGHT_EYE = "NORMAL" and USE_OF_LENS = "NORMAL".

result = 1.

else.

result = 0.

endif.

Then in BEx level, just use a condition or filter in the report the normal and abnormal students using the DUMMY KF (which is 1 will be NORMAL and 0 for ABNORMAL)..

Thanks!

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed

Rows : Test Year, Department

Columns : Counter( dummy key figure - hidden),

CKF1 ( No of students Tested) acheived

Selection - ( No of Students with Normal Vision) - Achieved by restricting characteristics Zleft-eye, ZRighteye, Zlens with value "Normal"

Now how to calculate no of students with abnormal vision.

ex data in cube:

StudentID    Dept           Left eye     Right eye       Use of Lens 

1                  Mech          Normal     A-low              No

2                  Mech           B-low       A-low              Yes

3                  Mech          A-high      Normal           Yes

4                  Mech         Normal      Normal           No

For  my above example, report layout is below

Dept      No of students tested   No of studnts normal      No of students Abnormal

Mech          4                                   1                                        3

Thanks

Vijay