cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way in PD to hook into an event after a report has been generated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a custom script that is run to enhance some of the HTML generated report files, and as of right now this is a two step process.

1) Generate the HTML report (using Multimodel report)

2) Run the script to improve the generated output.

While this is ok to do as a one off, its not a scalable and repeatable approach to always do this. As such I'm looking for a way that I can trigger step 2 automatically - and potentially do other things such as to deploy it to a web site etc. Ideally it would be an event that an XEM can catch and process, this would then make it configurable and manageable.

Any ideas or examples of ways to achieve the triggering of a post generation enrichment process would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should add, I had considered using a XEM for a single model type and attach a menu & method to the Report object to cause the HTML report generation to execute and then after that is complete call out to the post-processor script. That seemed to hold the most promise that I have found for simple projects. I will probably end up using this as a reasonable stand in for single model reporting.

However I don't see how I can do the same for a Multi-model report (MMR), as there doesn't seem to be a way to extend a MMR via a XEM.

Am I missing a trick to capture this type of event.

Gareth

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Try this by VBS:

Generating an HTML Report
by Script

You can generate a model report or a multimodel report as HTML

using the following method on BaseModelReport: GenerateHTML(ByVal FileName As

String) As Boolean.

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay in my response - but clicking that link gives me a 404 error.

However I understand the concept. I'm still stuck on how to achieve that for a MMR though.

Many thanks,

Gareth

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just copied that out of the helpfile so the url was realtive to the position in Help.

You can search by coping the blue text then you should find it