cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

We are having issue with recovery where it errors out due to topology.

[133620]{-1}[-1/-1] 2014-10-20 17:29:41.192260 f NameServer       TREXNameServer.cpp(02876) : convert topology failed, no mapping defined for host <hostname>> -> stopping instance ...

[14386]{-1}[-1/-1] 2014-10-21 10:57:42.182085 e Backup           TREXNameServer.cpp(05983) : Convert topology: no mapping defined for host <hostname>>

[14386]{-1}[-1/-1] 2014-10-21 10:57:42.182655 e Backup           BackupMgr_Manager.cpp(04594) : RECOVER DATA finished with error: [110092] Recovery failed in nameserver startup: convert topology failed, no mapping defined for host <hostname>>

the topology is same across the two hosts. I am not understanding as to how to trace it .

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has any got this error before?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wish the answer was specified here.  It says it was answered but nothing direct is listed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread since its fixed.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mind sharing back the solution with the community?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

How are you doing today, finally got your response.

Of course not, how are you doing today.

Honestly we didnt have a solution went back to build the system from the golden backup.

Lars, i have raised in my other threads as well there is no way to go back from stats server to emebded stats server.

The only way is restore from the backup roll forward till the point before the start of the migration.

Topology plays a very important here.

So my say would be get the topology right in case refreshes or stats server migrations very important.

There is no monitoring mechanism as to how to perform migration from standalone to embedded stats server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

I have many threads waiting for your expert advise .