cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS 4.2 SP3 install error: The specified CMS connection information is invalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed IPS 4.1 SP4 on Windows 2008 server and am trying to install Data Services 4.2 SP3 on the same box. The IPS install went smoothly and everything is running. When I get to the point of entering the CMS connectioninfo during the DS install I am getting an error saying "The specified CMS connection information is invalid. Specify valid CMS connection information."

-I can connect to the CMC and CCM, see that all services are running

-My ODBC connection is working correctly.

-I don't have any typos

Any ideas??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create both 32 and 64 bit ODBCs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did create both.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in CCM and see where you SIA node pointing to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Server Intelligence Agent \ BO System

Node Name: WINT8OTERM6DV4

Port: 6410

CMC: WIN-T8OTERM6DV4:6400

CMS Port: 6400

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more check - Are they pointing to the same database?

Is APS running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all 32 and 64 bit ODBC connections point were configured the same way. And the APS is running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you have CMS name and SIA node name different? Since you are doing a stand alone installation it should pick up the computer name which i guess is WIN-T8OTERM6DV4?

Can you create a new SIA node and connect to CMS and see if that works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The computer name is WIN-T8OTERM6DV4 and that gets picked up as the CMS name, however, the SIA node name cannot have the '-' in it so it automatically gets removed.

I resolved the issue. In the install directory, there are 2 executable apps, setup.exe and InstallIPS.exe. I ran setup.exe, assuming that was the correct one when I initially looked. I uninstalled and ran the other executable and it worked as expected. Just to confirm this was the problem I tried to reproduce the problem and was successful. Very strange!

Thanks for your help and ideas!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen notes with installing InstallIPS.exe instead of Setup.exe to avoid key validity issues. But this info is new to me. Thanks though

Answers (0)