Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prepare TSD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to prepare a technical specification document for example say, open purchase order  in MM module? What does a  TSD basically contain? I will give you the scenario, please let me know what all should be mentioned in a TSD doc. Do I need to include what all functions I will be working on? I am new to ABAP , please guide me. Thanks in advance.

Business Scenario: 

Report should display a list of open purchase orders when the PO quantity is greater than the total goods receipt quantity.

The following is the input:

Table/Field Name

Field

Optional /Required

Remarks

EKKO-EBELN

PO #

O

EKKO-EBDAT

Document date

R

EKKO-BSART

Purchasing doc type

O

EKKO-BSTYP

Purchasing doc category

O

EKKO-EKGRP

Purchasing group

O

EKKO- WERKS

Plant

O

EKPO- EBELP

Item# in PO

O

EKPO- MATKL

Material group

O

EKKO-BUKRS

Company Code

O

EKKO-EKORG

Purchase Organization

O

EKPO-MATNR

Material #

O

Processing Logic:

Pull the list of PO’s with the above selection criteria based on below logic.

Check the entry exist in EKBE table and when EKBE-VGABE = 1.

If entry does not exist in EKBE, for those PO’s Goods Receipt is not done. So list all those PO’s in the output with the details given in the output format. For these PO’s Total GR Quantity in the output will be 0 and open PO quantity will be same as PO quantity.

For those PO’s where entries are available in EKBE, then pull the below material document data for PO line items.

EKBE-EBELN----- PO Number

EKBE-EBELP------ PO Line Item Number

EKBE-BELNR------Material Document Number

EKBE-MENGE-----Quantity

Sum up the GR quantities (EKBE-MENGE) for the material documents at PO line item level to derive “ Total GR quantity” and list the PO’s in the output where the “PO quantity” is greater than the “Total GR quantity”. Open PO quantity for this case will be “PO Quantity - Total GR quantity”.

Output Format:

PO No

Line Item Number

PO Date

PO Quantity

Total GR Quantity

Open PO Quantity

EKKO-EBELN

EKPO- EBELP

EKKO-EBDAT

EKPO-MENGE

As per the logic given above

As per the logic given above

2 REPLIES 2

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

heard of flow chart or pseudo code, base your tsd on that.

from start(selection screen) to end(report output) what all will you do, you need to document that in a brief manner.

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anjalee

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2013/08/06/a-word-document-explaining-abap-instructions-are-y...

Please refer above blog on SCN. It gives detailed explanation on Technical Documentation DO's and Dont's.

Regards

Viraj.