cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Travel Expense to External Payroll ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have seen few blogs and question on configuration for Travel Expense which need to be transfer to external payroll. But I didn't find configuration steps or document and hence I need help from expert.

I have configured T&E for India and which is working fine till FI posting (Vendor A/c). Now I am implementing same config for Malaysia where the requirement is bit different. They don't want to use FI posting through T&E due to Tax obligation. They would like to transfer all settled expenses from T&E to upload template which can be pulled in external payroll software.

I have 2 options for above solutions i.e.

1. Create expense report and take it upto PRFI where you can create posting runs and then you can make custom program to extract data as per the template given. Only issue in this solution is we have to create vendor master and make sure user don't run further Tcode PRRW for FI posting (which can be restricted by security role).

2. Use standard functionality PRPY for transferring expenses to external payroll. But I never done this before and hence I would like to know config for the same.

Would really appreciate your help / assistance in this regard.

- Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If the external payroll software is not SAP your option 2 is doomed... PRPY is for transfering to an external SAP system ONLY...

Regards
Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathieu,

Thank you for your quick response. Do you think 1st option is recommended or do you have any alternate solution. Pls advice.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm wouldnt it be possible to run PRRW and only stop the payment ?

Because you will need to transfer it to accounting at some point right ? (from payroll system?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Certainly, there will be posting in FI through payroll system. But to avoid double posting or intrim a/cing. Wouldnt be nice option to run T&E process till PRFI. What are the Pros and Cons to take this process till PRRW.

- Raj

Answers (0)