cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce plan cost to actual cost in KKA2 (RA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to close the project so need to run CJ88 but before that when we ran KKA2 plan cost is not equal to actual cost in KKA2(As this is the query raised by our client). We tried to reduce the plan costs in Easy Cost Planning(CJ40) and was able to reduce the Planned Cost up to a certain extent. But we were unable to reduce it further i.e the planned cost is still greater than the actual cost..

How can we reduce the Planned Cost so that it equals the actual cost in KKA2 before settlement??

Thanks and Regards,

Avik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

We did that and were able to reduce the planned cost equal to the actual cost; they are also reflecting in SALR  reports.  But when we run RA (KKA2), the planned value is not reflecting which has been changed.

I do not know what may be the reason.

Regards,

Avik

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

What is the status of your WBS / Project ? REL or TECO ?

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

Please change WBS element status to FNBL/ TECO. Once this status is set, planned cost will be same as actual cost and Planned revenue is same as Actual revenue.

After than run KKA2 & CJ88.

Check customization setting of Result Analysis key maintained in WBS element.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Thanks for quick reply.

But this is the requirement of our client.

He needs to close the project and before that he wants planned and actual cost to be equal for closing.

Is it necessary that the planned and actual cost should be equal for closing the project?? and

Can you suggest us where would the planned cost affect??

Regards,

Avik

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

As i said earlier your planned cost doesn't impact closing of the project in any manner. You can very well run KKA2 and CJ88 and move the cost to its intended receivers and close the project.

Plan Cost doesn't impact anything in your project.. it is used for analysis purposes. You can use Planned cost for creating Quotations if you are using DIP. other than that it is only for comparison as to how much you planned what was budgeted and how much you actually incurred.

No impact..You can keep it as it is.. Just give client the rationale behind keeping it the same...

Hope it helps

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

In case if they want to reduce the plan cost, check in CJ40 or CJR2 or open commitments etc.

To reduce it, you need to reduce the values, i dont think there is any other options.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

Is it necessary that the planned and actual cost should be equal for closing the project??

It is not necessary that your plan costs should be equal to actual costs when you close the project.

He needs to close the project and before that he wants planned and actual cost to be equal for closing..

I have come across such requirement and i have also seen that certain businesses also put in an additional check in place which wont allow you to close the project unless the plan is equal to actual. Sounds weird, but its a fact. So, what you can do is, create a general costs activity in your project (Call is as "Variance to Close Project") and plan the value that is the difference between your plan and actual costs. Plan it as a negative value, as in your case plan is greater than actual.

Follow the subsequent month end processes and let us know the results.

Regards,

Gokul

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

Why would you need to do that? If your planned cost for project is more than what you actually incurred its good for your project..what's the need to reduce it to match the actual cost??

I don't get the requirement here??  Keep the plan as it is. it will not impact KKA2 or CJ88 both of these are used for different purposes..

Hope it  helps..

Regards

Sammar