cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create reservations against a quantity contract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a reservation against quantity contract in sap?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Thanks Jobi and Adithya for your inputs. I tried the steps suggested by Jobi and it worked. I was able to create a reservation against a sales contract. But I have one question - why do we have to create a reservation (MB21)? When the availability check happens and stock is available, the stock will be confirmed in the schedule line and if any other sales order or contract is created then that stock will not be available for the ATP check. Then is it really required to create a reservation separately?

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

Its not required to create reservation against quan contracts as u correctly stated.

IT will be as per the business requirement, and in cases where the production of a material is very uncertain (due to unavailability of raw materials or any other unexpected events).. then this functionality may be adopted . But its always as per the business need.

Regards

Jobi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

HI.vikas.

this is possible with product allocation also . And if you create new distribution channel for quantity contract and check product allocation field in schedule line category Along with Jodi Sebastian suggestion by creating new item category and schedule line category. In this schedule line category check product allocation. Then your requirement will be fulfilled.

try and let me know if it works,

RRegards,

Adithya

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Standard quantity contracts do not do reservation of materials.

But you can achieve it through configuration settings.

The Item category KMN of quantity contract do not give a schedule line and hence no quantity reservations. By creating your own item category, by copying from KMN and allowing schedule line in it, and doing schedule line assignment in VOV5, and activating material reservation in it, you can achieve this

Try and give your feedback

Reg

Jobi