cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening ME PODs from MII .irpt page and Session issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an .irpt page in MII and opening few ME PODs from irpt page as href links.

Since its co-location(MII and ME sits on same Netweaver) I am directly login into .irpt page and when I try to open ME PODs, I am getting session related error as shown below.

If I first login to ME and in another tab if I open MII .irpt page then I am not getting this message. This is cumbersome and looking for good fix.

Any idea why this is happening. I am using ME 15.0.

Thanks & Regards,

Eswaraiah M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

A couple of basic questions:

• In your example above are you using the same username to login to both ME & MII?
  • Which NetWeaver version are you using....7.4?
  • Does your browser have cookies enabled or are you setup for private browsing?
  • Do the links from the MII .irpt page open new browser windows or does it simply load the ME POD views in the same browser?
    • If the ME page opens in a new browser window, can you see if you have the SAPSSO2 cookie in your session?

Thanks,
Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

•      yes, I am login to ME and in MII I am directly opening .irpt page.
  •      yes I am using 7.4 NW version.
  •      Cookies are enabledin my browser
  •      I am opening ME POD in window,open() javascript method with full screen mode.
  •      In full screen mode, i am not able to see the url and session.

Thanks, Eshwar

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look into how your server is configured to handle cookies. This may be causing your issue.

AS Java Cookies - Developing Java EE 5 Applications - SAP Library

Basically your session cookie can be tied to a domain or host etc so if you are trying to access ME with a different host or ip or application context ME will not find the cookie. This is so you can have two different apps requiring different logins running on the same server if desired etc.