cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Windows with close periode does not work if assigned to a queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To manage easier some down-time planned for maintenance, I'm testing the creation of a “time window" with a closed period and assignation to a queue

Previously I have yet created similar time window and assign it to jobs, and all work properly.

But assigning this type of Time Window (with ‘closed” period) to a queue does not work.

->> when the close period starts the  planned jobs (with status scheduled ) get the status

"queued"

->> but when the close period ends the jobs keep the status 'queued' and never start.

In same time, the jobs scheduled after the “closed” periode run normally

As soon as I remove the time windows from the queues, the jobs with status "queued" start immediately

Have you yet detected this phenomena? Where I was wrong ?

Thanks,

Delphine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which version of CPS are you using? SAP note on the next version of cps build can help you find if its a bug.

How long did the jobs stay in queued state after the timewindow opened?

Thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

Wel, I find my mistake!

I assigned the TimeWindow from the “process server” definition in the “Queue” tab .

in this case no repercussion is done on the queue level.

Now I assign the TimeWindow directly in the “queue” definition and it’s working properly.

I'm working with a TimeWindow combination where

• A :  still open (assign to a couple of queues)
  • B : has a closed periode,  and set as parameter “ disable during the time window”  in the A.

With this way I can easy "freeze" all queues where the TimeWindow A has been assigned.

so all run properly now !

it' s a good news ... the day will be fun !

ps : for your info, i'm working with version M33.98-71744.

Kind regards,

Delphine

Answers (0)