Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Class Charactertics Upload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to SAP implementation.

Can anyone tell how the class charactertics template goes in SAP system. I mean how the class is identified and then on what rules its assigned to the particular class. After this how its assignd to equipment master with values of charctaeritics. How many upload program will be created and in what sequence this upload happenes so that it can be done with minimal inconsistency in mapping one to one. I know how to run LSMW or BDC recording. I ant to understand approach at the time of upload.

Regards,

Deepti Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepti Gupta

Its a 3 step approach:

1. Create the characteristics (CT04)
  2. Create class including characterisitic assignemnt from above (CL02)
  3. Assign class and characteristic valuation to equipment (IE02)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the suggesting the approach. I want to know what method you suggesting to upload then I want to know have you ever done succesfull approach with that method or its a sugession. If there was any error then what was those common error while uploading this data. What precautions you suggest in this?

How do plan initially after getting list of charcateritics from various sections where there could be repeated characteristics, you cant memorise all. How do you plan under this class I will add these charcateritics. I mean what are those manual work you do to upload class characteritics to equipment?

Regards,

Deepti Gupta

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did a mass upload of the equipment class data on my last project.

The process we followed was as follows:

1. The class/characteristics were created manually in the system
  2. The business then provided the raw data in Ecxel format based on the class/char data format above
  3. I ran a macro on this data to determine any data inconsistenies
  4. Once all errors were corrected on the Excel spreadsheet, I then ran a second macro to format the data in to LSMW format
  5. The data was then imported into LSMW and any additional errors were corrected
  6. The data was then loaded into a test system and validated by the business
  7. After sign-off, the data was then loaded into the production system

PeteA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Please go through this thread. It has lot of information which might be helpful for you.

Regards

Terence