cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment master upload in SAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have got list of asset code with tag number from business. In the asset list there are some sub-equipment and superior equipments. With the use of internal number creation I will get asset number of sub-equipment and superior equipments after creation. In this case with the use of tag id added in technical ID field help me to identify the list of sub equipments and superior equipments. I find thos elist from IE05 and then crate another LSMW program for change equipmentn where I add superior equipments. Its get painful to identify the exact superior equipments of the extrcated sub equipemts from IE05. Is there any trick behind this to do one to one mapping of sub equipments and superior equipments?

Please share your views on the approach of loading such equipments.

Regards,

Deepti Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepti,

Are you categorizing your equipment/ master data? e.g V for vehicle and R for rotable like engines, transmission etc. the trick is to categorize equipment so that when you generate list in IE05 you sort by object type,. sub equipment will have category R. hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mutale,

You sensed correctly. Its for transmission lines. From your comment I fond I can have different category for sub equipments and object type will also help in finding the list of equipments whch are sub equipments.

But this will be least helping when you have millians data. Can you throw light on external numbering in creatio of equipments? I will be knowing equipments which are superior equipments and which are sub equipments. Let me know if I am going correct.

Regards,

Deepti Gupta

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

External numbering is based on the config. If they do not allow external numbering then you cannot upload it using that.

If you want to check it, you can go to OIEN, check whether there is external numbering is checked.

How is your system configured ? How many Equipment categories ?

For example, whether it is same item category for all top level equipments.

I dont see an easy way to update, in case if you need to create sub- equipments, more manual work and excel expert skills required.

Since you need to download the superior equipment numbers and Tag ID, then you need to manually update in load sheet accordingly.

Regards

Terence

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

My client is using the same way as you are. We take priority has our Tag No.

All equipment's will have a Tag No (Sub-Equipment / Superior Equipment), they have made lot of validation using Tag No, so they have formatted the load sheet accordingly.

If i want to attach the superior equipment, system will check based on the Tag number. This was a complete custom functionality built to upload data, since we had 5million records to be created.

In layman terms to do this activity lot of manual work is required.

Regards

Terence