cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Server Issue during upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are running an upgrade from Data Services 4.1 with mixed landscape ( BO + DS ) to Data Services 4.2 with separate landcape ( BO // IPS + DS )

We successfully followed the upgrade guide until the section 4.4 : Migrate Data Services Repositories.

During this step we realised that there was only 1 job server registred on Server Manager.

We managed to identify the cause of this : The initial configuration.

Before upgrading we were using 2 types of job server : 1 job server located on the server (source server BO + DS ), and another job server located on the future server ( future upgraded server IPS + DS ).

When preparing the upgrade we unfortunatly suppressed the job server from server manager and the server manager during the preparation of the upgrade.

So now when trying to recreate the job server configuration from server manager on the new server ( IPS + DS ) we can't manage to reproduce the initial configuration : i receive the following error : ."The repository named 'DATABASEHOST\SCHEMA_REPONAME_USERi' already exist ( BODI-310079 ).

I can't find any way to reproduce the initial configuration and recover the job server.

Actually :

i can see all the repository in management console

i can't associate the repository where the job server was suppresed

I have a lot of schedules runing so i don't see any way to change the job server infos in repository tables if i have to recreate all the schedules.

How can i recover the suppresed job server informations ? or remove the informations prohibing me from associating repository to the job service inside the new server manager ?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

As well as removing the repository entry from DSConfig.txt (which on Windows can be found in %ProgramData%\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\conf)

For a SQL Server repository, you might also have to remove the entry from the AL_MACHINE_INFO table in its database. That worked for me.

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

If we are using the old configuration DSConfig file( previous installation) , we face the issue in the migration or uninstall and install the software.   The entry of the repository already mapped to the job server. We have to remove the entry from the DSConfig file. Dont forget to take the backup of the DSConfig file before delete the entries under the job server as shown below .

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

My issue is that the job server was removed prior the upgrade( so no desync ) .

Now when i open the dsconfig, i only have the first job server and not the second one.

My issue is when i try to create a job server similar to the deleted one, i get an error from repository : should i then delete AL_Machine info and ran a re-sync ?

In that cas may i loose schedules or other items?

Thanks

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

Here there are 2 points . How many job servers we create those entries will be in the DSconfig file as shown below.

In your DSconfig if you have any un-used job server entries or  associated repositories for the job server ( screenshot in my previous post) need to remove .  But don't forget to take backup while editing the DSConfig.

In the same way in the AL_MACHINE_INFO there should be 3 entries .

The first entry(RepoManager) is default entry .

Second entry (JS_LOCAL) creates when we are creating the job server. If you have old entries (un used entries) remove it.

Third entry(Administrator) creates when we are configure the repository in the CMC. This entry should be one . If you have old entry remove it and leave the recent one.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.