cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 2.3 Disable Admin Account

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the supAdmin account for SMP 2.3. It there a way to do that or the possibility does not exist?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Adding to that question,

I suppose I can just delete the account and use user accounts as admins.

Although, Will this have any implications on my installation? Is is recommended by SAP?

The reason of the question is for security purposes. It is better to have no generic accounts in your landscape.

Thanks

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

By default you will obviously need to have an account with the appropriate authorizations in the SCC in order to use the full admin functionality. However this should be set by what is suitable for the security requirements. The default setting when you install and it asks for an admin username and password are to set up the admin access originally.

I would however recommend that if you are planning on removing it you do test the new security changes well first (such as if it connects via LDAP to authenticate) so when you remove the existing one that the privileges for users to still perform the same tasks are not lost.

Best Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos

hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for the response.

There are multiple users set up in SCC (different passwords from LDAP) that have administrative privileges. We set new users and give them the appropriate authorisations. Since we did that we havent used the supAdmin id again. Is there anything else i should be testing except that?

Thanks

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

That would be all that is needing to be tested. As long as you have at least one user with those functions (more than one from the LDAP is also okay) and they can login and still maintain the system without the supAdmin login then you can remove it.

Best Regards,

Geoff

0 Kudos

Hi Geoffrey,

That's Great.

Thanks a lot!!

George

Answers (0)