Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Data Transfer Process in a BPC Infocube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We would like to ask you for help with the following question:

We have a scenario here where we need to extract Planning Data (Expenses) from BPC Infocube to another BW Infocube. BW team wants to create a Data Transfer Process in BPC Infocube and also set up a Delta Load from BPC Infocube to BW Infocube.

Bellow follow the question related to the scenario described:

1) Is it a best practice (or recomended by SAP) to create a Data Transfer Process in a BPC Infocube (I know that if we create a DTP in a BPC Infocube we can have some problems with BPC Function (for example, when enabling or disabling a virtual provider to a BPC Model))?

2) If the answer for question 1 was "not", what is the SAP recommendation or Best Pratice for the scenario described?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Danilo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

It is not best practice but you can create DTP on BPC multicubes, you just need to enable the fixed cube name parameter.

The best practice would be using retract BADI in BPC.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you (The best practice would be using retract BADI in BPC). The only issue is that, if we use retract BAdI, it will not be possible to set up Delta Load, right?

Regards,

Danilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

I guess you would need to code in such a way to determine the delta and only submit the delta if there are existing values for that intersection.

Andy