cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Balance Not cleared (Period 07/ 2014)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are facing below issue. Can someone please help me where shall I check for this.

Regards

Mohinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check posting characteristics of wage types are done correctly or not?

Table V_T52EL.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks,

below is what is maintained. Can you please let me know if something else needs to be maintianed..

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Share the details of posting overview and from there i can able to understand.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry buddy, They have deleted the Simulation log and I will try creating the issue in DEV and share with u the details ... Many thanks for your  timely help..

Regards

Mohinder

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

You have adviced me to check  V_T52EL, I have checked I can see the WT just being posted to Balance sheet. how can I conclude whether this also  needs to be submitted to Expense Account. Can you please let me know some material where I can check and get more details on symbolic account and posting stuff.... I know, I am asking too much but need to work on this

Regards

Mohinder

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

See posting charateristics define is linkage between HR to FI. In the HR we calculate employee's salary on different head like Basic Pay, Allwances etc. Now this all data will go to FI and FI will make the payment for the employee to Bank. Correct?

In HR we make linkage in between wage types and g/l are through symbolic account. All symbolic accounts are linked to G/L accounts.

Let me explain how you will link the wage type and G/L account? I am taking a simple example for this posting chanracteristics undertand that in the RT table you have the following wage type components.

Basic Pay(WT1000) --- 6000

Spl Allowance(WT1010)--2000

Mess Deduction(WT2000)-500

Bank Transfer(/559)-7500

For above these we will create three symbolic account.

5000-  Salary Wages  A/Atyp= C   (Expence account)

6000-  Deduction Part A/Atyp= F    (Balance Sheet Account)

7000-  Bank Transfer   A/Atype=F   (Balance Sheet Account)

Posting Characteristics of Wage type V_T52EL

WT1000  -  +ve amount debit, -ve amount credit    5000

WT1010  -  +ve amount debit, -ve amount credit    5000

WT2000-   +ve amount debit, -ve amount credit     6000

WT/559     +ve amount credit, -ve amount debit     6000

Then assign the symbolic account will link to G/L account provided by FI based on the account type consideration and in the node of Balance sheet account and Expence account assignment in SPRO under Payroll-India.

Hope so you underastand.Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankarsan for explaining me.

I have few doubts Salary I understand is expense for the Company. But how can we map Deduction and Bank Account (both) to balance sheet account... On similar lines.. for WT2000: +ve amnt is debit and -ve credit ,is same as for WT1000 and WT 1010 why so? ...wont it be inverse of each other..

WT/559  should be mapped to 7000(this I belive is typo mistake )....

Can u share more insight with me ... Sorry to be such a bothersome person, but my a** is on fire now bcoz of issues creeping in...

Regards

Mohinder

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am being told by client that since they have moved the payroll area to next payroll period they cant create simualtion doc again for  the employee. I have one  more query, Is it necessary to delete the old simulation run with errors if we want to create a  new simulation run or live run..

Regards

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are re-running for the same period simulation run it will re-write the values. you can delete and re-create also. if you done any configuration settings then best option is delete and re-run.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

can please check weather last payroll period documents got posted/ released to finance team please check PCALC table in PC_payresult for this particular employee

if last payroll period not got posted you need to post last month posting manually by taking finance team help

please revert

Regards

Meera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

Thanks for ur time. The PCALC table is not maintained for this particular employee(as this was posted manually). However for other employees PCALC was maintained.. Now I will try to replicate this in Quality System and let you know.

Many Thanks

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Singh,

wage type /3N1 - Monthly perk and it is for CLA / COA this amount no need to post to FI until unless you are deducting some amount from the Employee salary as Accommodation / Company guest house or etc in the month salary.

if you try to post this amount then Expenses and Balance sheet accounts will not equal and error will come.

Best Regards,

Praneeth kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praneeth,

I am taking more help from Finance folks on this and will let you know of progress. Thanks again for your time.

Regards

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Singh,

Wage types from the IT 0008, 0014, 0015, 0267 will post to the Expenses account (because these amounts are expense to the company) with sign +positive amount in Debit, negative in credit with A/A Type E.

if you check for the professional tax /3P1 wage type, it is not expense to the company. But company has to credit in the Government Ptax account which is deducted from the Employees. Means this amount is income for the company and we have to show in the Balance sheet account.

-Positive amount in Credit, and negative amount in Debit with A/A type F

if you check with Er PF Contribution /3F3

This is expenses to the Employer and had to deposit in the Government PF account, so we have to maintain two times in the table T52EL with A/A Type E & F with specific symbolic accounts.

for your posting issue if you give the full screen shot from the log is help full to suggest you.

Thanks,

Praneeth kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohinder,

There are several reasons for unsuccessful posting run.

It will be helpful if you can provide the document overview here. Actually, the document overview at the bottom system shows the warning/error which are very easy to udestand the cause for this.

In case, if document is deleted then you can re-run simulation without any harm.

It will be very ad-hoc here to guess and suggest you the solution.

Regards,

Saurabh

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohinder,

We can't say this error is coming in only single way because there are so many causes to get posting errors i think so it's better to cross check, like just compare RT table wage types & in posting wage types by expanding the row whether all wages type are coming or not.......!

Ur's Mohan