cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querying CMS database in SAP BOBJ 4.1 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are currently using SAP BOBJ 4.1 SP2 in our environment.

We are using the default database Sybase SQl anywhere for CMS databse.

Using Query Builder I tried the below query and it is properly giving me the output.

select  SI_NAME,SI_DESCRIPTION,SI_CREATION_TIME,SI_KIND from CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS where SI_KIND='User';

Where as When I tried the same query by connecting to Sybase SQL Anywhere I am getting the error as

"No table found with the name 'CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS'"

What is the difference between the Query browser and CMS database?

Query browser also connects to CMS database and retrieve the data.

Please help me in this issue.

Regards

Prasad Ambati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor

The BOEnterprise SDK exposes three logical tables named CI_INFOOBJECTS, CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS, and CI_APPOBJECTS.  It is important to note that the BOEnterprise SDK tables are not the same physical database tables found in the CMS database.  Instead, they are logical tables created in CMS memory that enable users to query from the property types.  Some of the object types for each table are listed below.

CI_INFOOBJECTS

The info object table allows users to retrieve folder, report, and report instance information from the CMS InfoStore.

CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS

The system object table allows users to retrieve information regarding servers, users, groups, destinations, and events from the CMS InfoStore.

CI_APPOBJECTS

The application object table allows users to retrieve information regarding Business Views, Business View Connections, Universe Connections, Universes, List of Values, Command Objects, Repository Objects, and Business Objects Applications.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Also check out this very nice blog that lists different query techniques.

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2012/10/11/businessobjects-query-builder-queries

Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Using the below query I am able to get the details in Query Builder.

select  SI_NAME,SI_DESCRIPTION,SI_CREATION_TIME,SI_KIND from CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS where SI_KIND='User'

But If i connect to CMS database and execute the same query then we are getting the error as " No table found".

Could you please let me know in which base table of CMC database we can get the BOBJ user details.

Regards

Prasad Ambati

0 Kudos

To be clear on this point, the Query Builder allows you to read this content, and the SDK allows you to read and manipulate that content.

You should not ever attempt to report off of the database itself directly.  The majority of the content is stored in binary fields for general security reasons anyway, but also to avoid directly reporting against it and especially trying to make any changes to it.

SDK all the way...

Hope that helps

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to BI platform space