Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text translation issue

ankit_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a module pool screen the default language for it is German i.e. all the texts on the screen are originally maintained in German.

Now I want to that all the texts should appear in English for all the log on languages except for German, for German log on language the text should still appear in German.

I have maintained the translation in English from the translation option in the menu bar.

When I check in Dev system the texts appear correctly in English for all the log on language and they also appear correctly in German language when logged in to the German language.

But When I check in the Quality system the texts still appear in German when I check using some other log on language say Spanish. Am I missing out something while transporting the changes to the Quality system? Any particular precaution needs to be taken when texts are involved? Or there must be some configuration issue in the Quality system because of which It is using the German language for displaying the texts?

Regards,

Ankit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

please check the system parameters in both DEV and QA system with report RSPARAM:

• zcsa/system_language
  • zcsa/second_language

Can you see any differences for them?

Regards,

Klaus

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

use the program RS_LXE_RECORD_TORDER  to transport the translation text sepeartely.Import the objects in Q and check.

Regards,

Kannan

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check also your SU01 settings because I think this impacts as well on this somehow.

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

were the translations moved?, translations do not trigger TR prompt so you have to add them to TR,

Use SLXT tcode

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

I'm not sure for this answer but i think so there are missed some TR's Just cross check once again because I believe that your saying Dev is correct but quality isn't correct.

Ur's Mohan

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SE63 menu, there is an option to transport one translated object, transaction SLXT allow to transport a bunch of translated object, you can also transport the main object (R3TR and not LIMU) so its translations will be implicitly transported.

Did you search thru online help for document like

Setting Up and Coordinating Translation (BC-DOC-TTL)

Regards,

Raymond

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

please check the system parameters in both DEV and QA system with report RSPARAM:

• zcsa/system_language
  • zcsa/second_language

Can you see any differences for them?

Regards,

Klaus

ankit_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is due the way the systems are configured.

can be checked via SMLT transaction.