cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System alias for embedded gateway in ESS landing page(UI5)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on NW 7.4 portal . I am trying to configure ESS based landing page using role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1. We have uploaded the role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1 to portal and assigned to end user. We do have 2 backend client. Portal client which is used for authentication and data client in which we have the configuration done.

We are using local gateway (hub system) 740 SP7.

I have followed the steps mentioned in https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000188132014E/initialShipment1.pdf.

We have activated the required business function , activated sicf services. For this , in SPRO node , we need to create SAP system alias. This alias is to be maintained in ODATA services before activating the odata services.

What should be the value of system alias and where should it be created i.e. in portal client or in backend client which has data. Should the system id and client id value be maintained?

Regards,

Navya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

the mentioned system alias is an entity, which is used for NetWeaver Gateway service-customizing. When you activate a service in transaction /iwfnd/maint_service, you always have to add a system alias, so the framework knows, where to call the service implementation.

It's also possible to provide multiple system aliases to one service. Criteria like e.g the pfcg-role determine, which implementation is called.

So if your service-implementation is on the same system, just create a new alias with RFC-Dest "NONE and set it to all of your services.

Regards

Michael

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

. The alias default is maintained for ODATA services as highlighted in screenshot .

I have already done that though in LHS under ICF node only one entry for ODATA is displayed.The entry for SDATA is not visible.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it seems, everything looks correct. What happens, when you call the landingpage? Any errors?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When I try to execute landing page from portal I get error as "Error: Requested resource does not exist." in portal and when i try to execute the Overview page from backend I get error as "Error occurred; try again later or contact your system administrator if problem persists". Any idea what might be missing.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayva,

can you start a landing-page from this site: /sap/public/bc/ui2/page-administration/main.html

The following URL is used for defining new chip-catalogs. Is it working on your system?

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html

On this way, we can check if the basis administration tools are working.

Regards

Michael

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

On click of the link, i got the page but when i try to add it gives error as shown in screenshot below.

Am i missing any step here?

Regards ,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i see, the error with the "chip geometry" is a delivery error. I've seen this error in all customer installations so far. So you can ignore it.

What happens when you go to "All Pages" and start e.g. HRMANAGER.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure what exactly changed but now when i execute the SPB link it shows me screen as below. I have run report /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE . Even though I enter correct password for client it gives me error as "" . Is there some configuration that has beed erased by running  report /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

the report /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE synchronizes the catalog cache. As far as i know, you can't do anything wrong, when you execute this report. I think, your user is just locked. Your best bet is to go to your admin and let give you a new password. Maybe you provide the user with all SAP permissions, so you can better test the functionality of the system.

Regards

Michael

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though it shows locked when i execute the URL, when i login to R/3 or portal using same user id it allows me to login without any error. Any setting that needs to be done wherein we maintain some client credentials? SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW authorization is provided to the user id as well

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, curious.What happens, when you create a new user with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW in R/3 system and login with it on the landingpage? Can you test this without any portal but with direct links on the SAP-system?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

I was able to resolve the protocol issue. To configure the ESS landing page, do we need to add/ do some configuration using suite page builder. IN SPB when i go to when you go to "All Pages" and start e.g. HRMANAGER, It gives message as  "No service found for namespace , name HROVIS_ORGCHART_SERVICE, version 0001" as shown in screen shot below.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems, like the oData service "HROVIS_ORGCHART_SERVICE" is not activated yet. Can you go to transaction /iwfnd/maint_service, click to "Add Service" , choose your local system alias and activate the correct service. If the service is active and you still getting errors, please check the log in /iwfnd/error_log.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for quick response . That service was missing . I created that service. When we create gateway service theres a checkbox for "Enable OAuth for Sevice". Should this checkbox be ticked? Moreover is this service for manager? I was trying to configure ESS role first hence MSS services aren't activated as of now.

Could you please let me know the standard procedure for configuration of ESS landing page in terms of adding chips to page? Is it something to be added using SPB even for the standard role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

the checkbox "Enable OAuth" is only necessary in case of the corresponding authentication mechanism. I don't suppose, you are using this, so you can ignore it.

The service HROVIS_ORGCHART_SERVICE is not only a service for MSS. When you are using the Search-Chip and calling from the search result the organigram (workforce-viewer), you will also need this service.

Check out this guide for more information about the SPB: Suite Page Builder

Unfortunately, i can't offer you one single documentation, which describes all necessary steps for setting up the landingpage and all desired chips. You have to do this step by step, so first the landingpage, and then chip after chip.

It's always a good option, to observe your browser console via developer tools. In Chrome e.g., press F12 and click on "Console".  Then you can see there the logging of all SAPUI5 applications and JavaScript errors or warnings. When a oData service isn't active or causes a problem, this is mostly the easiest way to detect it.

Well, i'm a developer and i'm used to work with these kind of tools. I hope, it's not to nerdy for you

So long!

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

So lets go step by step  .

I tried using debug mode in chrome and  got error as shown in screen shot below.Its not able to find chip id X-SAP-UI2-PAGECHIP. So should I be creating a new chip called X-SAP-UI2-PAGECHIP? Which link should be used to create this chip?

The Suite Page Builder link states "To make the application UIs available on the landing page, you must create CHIPs in the SPB and group them in a CHIP catalog. A user selects the required CHIP from the CHIP catalog in Personalization and adds it to the workspace. In the workspace, the CHIP is contained in a lane, known as a small lane."

Do we need to do this even for the standard ESS role provided functionalities?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you don't have to do this. The most important thing you have to know is, that the assignment of catalogs is done via pfcg-roles.

Let's say you create a new test user and give him the pfcg-role "SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1". After that, create an empty landingpage without any chips (go to SPB, "All Pages", "Create Page", assign no cataloge).  Then call it via /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ARSRVC_SUITE_PB/main.html?page=my_new_page with your test user. You will see, that the user can only access to the chips, which are assigned over the chip catalog. When you have a look at the pfcg-single role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_XX_UI5_1, you can see under "CAT_PROVIDER" the entry X-SAP-UI2-PAGECHIP?PAGEID=HREMPLOYEE. That means, every user who belongs to this role, has access to the respective chip catalog.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am bit confused now.

When you have a look at the pfcg-single role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_XX_UI5_1, you can see under "CAT_PROVIDER" the entry X-SAP-UI2-PAGECHIP?PAGEID=HREMPLOYEE. That means, every user who belongs to this role, has access to the respective chip catalog.

I went to pfcg , for the role in catalog provider the entry shown in "fiori catalog page " and ID is HREMPLOYEE. Could you please let me know the steps that i need to do to make this work?

What entry should i make in PFCG ? Is the existing entry incorrect? Shoul i create page in SPB without catalogue and modify the existing entry in PFCG for ESS role?

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, maybe my explanation wasn't so great at all. Let's try something else:

1. Go to SPB(/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html) and open the following page.

2. By doing this, you open the landingpage in customizing mode. If you now have to catalog assigned over pfcg-role, you will see an error message like "No catalogs assigned to your user; contact your system administrator immediately". To avoid this error, go to e.g. su01 and assign your user a role like "SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1" (a role with a chip catalog).

3. After that, reopen the mentioned landingpage. The error should disappear and you can do some customizing stuff (e.g. change the wallpaper or rename chips).

Try to get so far and then we will process

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your response .I tried opening link http://server:host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ARSRVC_SUITE_PB/main.html?page=HREMPLOYEE&scope=CUST and then i could see screen as shown in screenshot below. i ahve attcahed the standard ESS role to 3-4 users in backend. Out of that for one user i could see something on the screen . Though even now when i execute the overview page directly from pfcg role it doesn't work. After opening this page and changing the wallpaper , what is next step that needs to be done?

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you've chosen a wallpaper, you can remove the parameter "&scope=CUST". Then you call the landingpage like a normal user (so without customizing mode).

After clicking on the "settings"-icon at the top of the right, you will see in the appearing area, all chip-catalogs of the user, which are assigned via PFCG-role. There you can personalize the selection of chips, which appear on the landingpage.

So the normal way of customizing is:

1. Create chip catalogs and insert them in new single roles.

2. Assign the roles to the composite role of a user group, until all necessary chips(catalogs) are available (e.g. a manager gets a chip catalog "Manager Self-Service" and "Employee Self-Service").

3. Ensure that all respective user have the composite-role.

4. Call the landingpage with on of the users.

Besides, you have to ensure, that there are no JavaScript errors in you browser console, when you directly call the landingpage. If there are errors, the you maybe have some issues with a chip or with permissions. Normally you have to to for each chip a special customizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing. With the application /sap/public/bc/ui2/page-administration/main.html you can also do configuration(not customizing).  Besides, you can just set the URL-parameter "scope" of a landingpage with "&scope=CONF" to start it in configuration mode.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The problem is in PFCG , for single role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_XX_UI5_1 when i try to assign catalog "HREMPLOYEE" it shows as catalog doesn't exist. When i try to create catalog using SPB admin link it gives me error as  "Error while creating catalog; try again later or contact your system administrator if the problem persists" . In F4 help when i search for catalogs , the onnly catalog that exist in this client is "/UI2/LAUNCH_PAGE". Neither am i able to create new catalog nor assign it to any user.

Plus i see javascript errors in browser console

For the JavaScript issue is there some specific authorization to be provided ?

I have raised one more thread for the catalog issue

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

i've also experienced, that the F4-Help doesn't work. But anyway, you can still set the catalog-id, it will definitely assign the catalog to the role.

When you can't create a catalog via SPB, then please, post the browser console with the respective JavaScript error. Maybe you can also see some logs in transaction /iwfnd/error_log.

Regards

Michael

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In error log , i get error as with error id "/IWFND/CM_MGW053" -> Missing customizing; contact your system administrator and error with error id  "/IWFND/CM_CONSUMER122" - >Resource not found for the segment '$metadata'.

Any idea what might be causing this ?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the details of the error log, please? When you click on an error, you can see beneath the list the error context.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Attached is the error log that i get on click of button application log.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, i've ment something else. Just have a look at the screenshot:

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have attached the error log.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning from Germany

oh, it looks like the security level of your log hides some important information like the service name. You have to do the following, to see all details of the log.

1. Go to the global configuration of SAP Gateway Error Log. You see the menu entry in transaction /iwfnd/error_log right here:

2. Set the error log level to "Full". After that, you can see all information of new errors. Existing entries in your log will not be affected by this setting. Heads up! In productive system, the error log level should never be on "Full" but on "Secure".

When you have done this, please reproduce the error and post again.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Good evening from INDIA . I chnged settings as suggested by you and tried to execute the "Overview " page from PFCG for role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1 in which i got error as shown in upper section fo screenshot and tried to execute the SPB admin link in which the catalogs were missing as highlighted in the red box in screenshot. Though no new logs were recorded in the /iwfnd/error_log but there was one error of "Resource not found for the segment 'Chips('X-SAP-UI2-CHIP%3A%2FUI2%2FAPPLAUNCHER_DYNAMIC'." that was created earlier. The catalogs are still missing and arent assigned to end user via pfcg role. No clue where has it gone .

Regards,

Navya.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When i tried to debug the url http://server:host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_suite_pb/main.html?page=HR_SELFSERVICES  in chrome it shows me error as  "2014-11-06 18:19:30 Error (403, Forbidden) in OData response for PUT "/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('HR_SELFSERVICES')": HTTP request failed - {"requestUri":"/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('HR_SELFSERVICES')","statusCode":403,"statusText":"Forbidden","headers":[],"body":"CSRF token validation failed"} sap.ui2.srvc.ODataWrapper

Regards,

Navya

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

SAP was finally able to solve the issue of executing landing page from backend by setting client 001 in sicf service.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, that's nice to hear!

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link executes from back-end though when its executed from portal is gives resource not found. I have raised a separate thread for the same.Do let me know if you any inputs on this issue

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nayva,

i've read the thread, but i'm not quite sure, what's exactly the problem. When you call the landingpage from you back-end system, everything works just fine, right? And when you try to integrate the application in your portal, you're getting an error message?

Can you please provide me this error message and a screenshot from your browser console? Maybe i can see there something useful...

Regards

Michael

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We re - uploaded the UI5 composite role into portal following  the below linkhttp://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/53/4c8952fcfa826ae10000000a423f68/content.htm and .

Now when i click the ESS role the landing page opens in new window and in the same portal content window it gives runtime error. I have raised separate thread for this specific issue.

http://scn.sap.com/message/15525001#15525001. I guess there is some iview property that i have missed to configure.

In this thread i have provided the error log as well.

Regards,

Navya.

Answers (0)