cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Container Elements/Variables Used in Container Tab in ALRTCATDEF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

In SAP PI 7.1 I created alerts using ALRTCATDEF and admist i mentioned container elements/variables of relevant ABAP types and those i used in short & long Text using insert expression and now i can trigger my alert using RSALRTTEST report

alert is kicking as email but the variables/container elements used like SXMS_MSG_GUID , etc... are not filled but the defined text appears.I also created alert rule in RWB and also made rule active

May i know

what might be the reason for the variables not getting filled?

Did i miss anything? in configuration?

Do i need to perform/run any FM/Reports?

Any other alternatives that makes those container elements filled ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you re-check the steps as mentioned in following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172...

Also check the following if it helps:

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Azhar,

Yes i re - checked with my configuration everything is good and i can get emails but without the container variables populating.

I would like to share you

where i attached snapshots also

Please give me any suggestion regarding this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this link :

This also shows while testing form RSALERTTEST container variables are not filled and are sent empty.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ranjan

I tried the doc u gave me i am getting alerts triggered but problem is the container variables not getting filled , As you said if we trigger using RSALRTTEST they wont get filled and how can i see my container variables filled

where to test ? How to proceed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev ,

You have to run an exact scenario. For testing may be you can submit one test file which will fail in mapping.

I am not sure which scenarios are you using , but just for testing you have to replicate an exact scenario rather than using RSALERTTEST.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjan,

That's the problem actually

the alerts made for mapping failures are triggered properly with container variables filled but the alerts made for adapter failures are triggered but without the container elements gets filled

Please refer this for actual understanding

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3634924

please get me a fix for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjan

Any Fix/solution ? or tell me a way/method such that we can trigger alerts and there we can get container variables populated