cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Outbound Delivery for a PO with multiple line items and different delivery dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Happy Diwali!!!!

I have an issue and I would like to share the details with you.

I have a STO PO with around 10 line items and each line item's delivery date is different. When we are creating the outbound delivery document for this PO in VL10B or VL10H, the system creates 10 separate outbound deliveries for the 10 line items in the PO.

This is because each line item's delivery date is different. If I put the delivery date as same for each line item, the system creates a single outbound delivery for all the 10 line items.

Is there any way or configuration avaiable in SAP, so that the system can ignore the delivery dates while creating the outbound deliveries and create a single OBD for a PO with multiple line items and multiple delivery dates?

Please check and advise. I would be really thankful to you.

Regards,

Umakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umakanth,

The system behaviour you describe is considered the standard system behaviour. There is no customising / configuration to change this behaviour. If you want to change this, you can apply the code changes from the following SAP note:

377501: Delivery split with backlogged delivery date

This note will ensure that the deliveries are not split based on differing delivery dates in the past. Beware though that different delivery dates in the future will result in a delivery split. If you want to avoid a delivery split when the delivery dates are in the future, you will need to adjust the coding of the modification a little (as you ABAP team to help with this).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Noel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for replying to my issue. I think I would have to implement the OSS Notes suggested by both Noel and Prasoon in order to resolve my issue.

Anyways, thanks a lot again.

Happy Diwali,

Regards,

Umakanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the note: 386340 - Grouping purchase orders into one delivery using Vl10* which addresses your requirement.

Regards,

AKPT

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umakanth,

As Jeff very correctly replied you will not be able to create one delivery with several delivery dates, because this is a header field.

Therefore one idea to try is to locate the copy rule used for creating OBD's (on the header level) and change the determination of all the dates there (delivery date, picking date, material avail. date, etc.) Change the routine in the way that would give the same date no matter the dates in the PO.

Maybe take today's date as material avail. date and then count forward to obtain the other dates.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umakanth,

The delivery date is on the header of the delivery.  How would you want it to pick a delivery date?  I think that you'd need a development to do this.

- Jeff