Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access input ready keyfigure in planning function formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a small query where I created one Input ready KYF ("COPY"):

In the Planning Function of type FORMULA I want to access the value that I can put into the Input ready KYF (like "1" or "2")
and depending on the value copy the EURO values from Actual to Plan.

(via a simple If ... else... logic)

However, since the abap Debugger doesn't start if executed from frontend (DesignStudio or Analyzer) - I cannot figure out how to access this value!

Please help me shed some light on this!

Thank you sincerely!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If I understand you correctly, I think you can accomplish this by using a Fox Formula.

Within the fox formula you'll have do the following

1. Run through every single record for the selection. - Use FOREACH

You can run a foreach on either one the three Characteristic - . Budget Index, Project Type, or

project number. By doing this you'll ensure that every single record that meets the selection criterion in the filter is read.

FOREACH BUDGETINDEX.

2. Now within the FOREACH you should first read COPY Keyfigure...

DATA TEMP TYPE F.

TEMP = {BUDGETINDEX, COPYKYF}

3. If the TEMP is equal to 1 then execute the copy.

IF TEMP = 1.

{BUDGETINDEX, PLANKYF}  =      {BUDGETINDEX, ACTUALKYF}

*The actual and plan keyfigure might be same and differentiated by a Version characteristic. In that care you'll have to use version as a changed characteristics in the fox formula and also use in the foreach loop.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

thank you for your Input - I have actually managed to have it run without a FOREACH.

My current Trouble is now the "disaggregation copy" down the hierarchy.

But as far as I understand it this won't work if I have the COPY-KYF that is to be disaggregated in the planning cube and the actual data that needs copying in the non-planning DSO.

If I am wrong here - please do Point me out. 😃

Thank you!

Best regards,

Daniel

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel.

I don't think I understand your problem.

Plz explain the below again

My current Trouble is now the "disaggregation copy" down the hierarchy.

But as far as I understand it this won't work if I have the COPY-KYF that is to be disaggregated in the planning cube and the actual data that needs copying in the non-planning DSO.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

the first idea was to put a button next to each entry in design-Studio.

I have never seen that and since I do not know if this is possible I had the idea of using the COPY-KYF as a "selector" of sorts.

This means that I put a "1" into the input-ready COPY-field next to an entry to select it for copy. This works.

Now If I put a 1 into the COPY-field and tell it to disaggregate copy - I want this value (1) to be copied from the higher Level (1A) to each of the lower hierarchy items like so:

Hierarchy          COPY

Level 1 A               1

Level 2 A          1

Level 2 B          1

Level 2 C          1

So now the Trouble: The Copy KYF is in the planning Cube, the hierarchy and actual data is in the (normal) DSO. Trying the disaggregation copy resulted in the error: "no reference data - cant disaggregate".

I currently am searching for ways around that.

Sincerely,

Daniel

gerd_schoeffl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If you want to use the special disaggregation by copying from a hierarchy node to the leaves below you should use a key figure with special aggregation behavior (NO2). It can only be defined on an input enabled data store object. So you should not use an InfoCube for your key figure 'copy' but a DSO.    

Best regards,

Gerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

I have built a DSO and a NO2 Keyfigure - but it will not do the disaggregation copy due to "no reference data found".

The trouble is again, that the Input ready key-figure Needs to be in the planning infoprovider and the data (reference) is in another DSO.

Is there any way to make this work?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I went in another direction:

I changed the Input key figure to DEC - this way the Standard disaggregation with Manual reference to a existing key figure could be used and any entry (e.g. 1) was disaggregated.

After that I changed my copy logic to check for "not initial" instead of a certain Input.

Thank you all for your help!

Daniel

Answers (0)