Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get warning messages before some activitys mentioned below.

ram_sahoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a requirement to write logic in VA02 or VA03 service for object icon each activity one warning message should call before the activity happen.

Anyone can help me for this requirement.Pls follow the below link for activity's.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33485

Any one can help me for this requirement to where i have to implement my logic any user exit is there for this requirement.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. GOS is not normally used for raising warning messages.

You just need to debug those transactions and find some BADIs (or enhancement spots) where you can raise your warning messages.

cheers

Paul

4 REPLIES 4

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. GOS is not normally used for raising warning messages.

You just need to debug those transactions and find some BADIs (or enhancement spots) where you can raise your warning messages.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If i go for debugging then i am getting Class and methods like - CL_browser method - Handle_user_command.So if i will implement logic using enhancement spot then it will effect to some other.So can u refer me some user exit for the object service toolbar in VA02,VA03,ME22n and ME23n.

Pls find the link for more information.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

My requirement to bring a warning message in VA02 transaction code service object toolbox,Means in service object toolbox file attachment icon if we go for view see the file attachment then one file attachment list popup will come if there i select one file and click on any activity like for delete so one warning message should come.If i debug that place then i am getting class CL_BROWSER AND METHOD HANDLE_USER_COMMAND.but that class is a standard so i have doubt to if i implement my logic in method then it will effect to some other or not.Gentle mans if you know some user exits then it will very help full for me. Pls  see the below screen shot for exact requirement in VA02 refer to link also.

Pls find the link for more information.

VA02 SERVICE OBJECT TOOLBOX

0 Kudos

Oh,so you want to produce some error messages inside GOS when users perform a particular activity (like deleting attachments), but only for certain transactions like VA02?

I think you can achieve that by looking for BADIs (or suitable enhancement spots) in GOS, and then checking the current GOS object type before raising the warning message.

Maybe you could even filter the BADI by GOS object type.

Shouldn't be too hard.

In any case, the enhancement / exit will be inside the GOS code, *not* inside VA02 (etc.) code.

cheers

Paul