cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AJAB does not close FY and there is no error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

I face a bit strange issue I did not find a similar issue to it on the forum.

I need to close FY 2012 for assets.

So when I go to AJAB to close 2012 to be able to open 2014 (because system allows only to open FYs) and perform execute it shows:

Close Carried Out: No

Inactive: 0

has errors: 0

Not posted: 0

Line items: 0

other errors: No

Also I tried to close it from OAAQ but I found on FORUM that the OAAQ will be updated automatically after closing the 2012 from AJAB, also I tried the OAAR as mentioned on other FORUM but it is the same as well as OAAQ.

I basically need to do that because I have differences between in Acc. Dep. amount between the G/L and Assets after applying comparison using

ABST2

So kindly advice where the issue is very critical to run depreciation to post for BS and Exp. accounts preparing for year end closing

Your help is highly appreciated;

Best regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member786742
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Having the same problem. My Year-end Closing Asset Accounting Test Run shows "List Contains no data". I guess this is the reason why I'm facing problem like Mr. Ahmud Mahmud. Please enlighten me. Thank you!

Thank you,

John

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if there are no assets, AA fiscal year could be closed.

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad Mahmud,

Your understanding is correct.  Running AJAB will update necessary asset tables and also transaction OAAR.  You need / should not manually modify these transactions as standard is always recommended for ideal system behaviour.

Now you want to close year 2012 so that year 2014 can be opened.  Try to execute the test run in background mode and see if there are any errors.  Because in online mode, system will execute for maximum of 1000 assets only.  If there are any errors for any asset, system will show up the errors and you can correct them before running AJAB again.

It can't be that system will not give any errors and at the same time it will not close the year successfully.

Regards,

Sridhar

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

)(*!@#)(@

All you need to do is run the program.  Do not mess with OAAQ or OAAR... ever.  Just run the program and it will evaluate the asset records and update the necessary tables.  I'd give more instructions but I just re-read the online help and it looks more than sufficient. 

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan;

May you kindly provide me with the program code.

And this program to be executed through SA38. Correct ?

Many thanks and best regards.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually nobody is given access to run programs directly through SE38 / SA38 in production.

You do not need to run the program.

You can run the transaction code AJAB in order to close.

Once you have run AJAB successfully, you can run AJRW (a technical step)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with you, but yet the AJAB has no effect on the OAAQ !!!

and accordingly I cannot correct the differences between the AA and GL amounts which exists to me on the ABST2.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are running in test mode. Test mode always shows No.

Execute in background. It would be closed provided you have posted depreciation correctly for all periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Raji;

Unfortunately this happens after execution in background.

Thank you very much and I do appreciate your help at this issue and many previous issues

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you have "unselected" the "Test Run" check box.

What is the last fiscal year closed in OAAQ.

Hope you are closing OAAQ+1 year through AJAB.

If you are going to close 2012, your OAAQ value should be 2011, then only it would work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi;

all what u have mentioned above is correct:

1. I unselected the ''Test Run" check box and executed in the background.

2. The last FY closed in OAAQ is 2011.

3. Yes, in the AJAB  I do close 2012 which is the OAAQ (2011) +1 = 2012.

And after all of that when I run the AJAB it does not update the OAAQ

!!!!!!!

Thanks for your advices and help and kindly do not give helping in such matter where it is really very important and as you know it is a major step in generating the BS.

again thanks Ravi;

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the last closed fiscal year per OAAR (not OAAQ) ?

Sridhar