cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version not generated in ME21N

Former Member

Dear All,

We have activated version management for PO .So when PO is created version 0 is updated in PO and next version so on.

The problem here is some times the version 0 is not updated in the PO.where as it does get activated for the same doc type PO. Screen Shot attached for reference.

Pl, suggest.

Regards

Sachin Sonkar

0 Kudos

Is it resolved? I am also facing same issue.

Please suggest if you found the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does the meaning of some times ?

You must have used something different in that case. Compare both PO and find the differences between these two POs.

I can see your PO(with version 0) is created on 25.09.20xx. Have you changed anything in version management after that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both the PO are made on same date and are in sequence also the PO made before this is also having version activated only in this case it has not been generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

Thanks for the suggestion but as per my understanding when we have activated version management  and PO is created Version gets activated in PO with status 0 and when we change the PO it updates the next version as 1 and so on but here the version tab was blank with no version data as in the screenshot.

Thanks

Sachin

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Check the Purchasing Organisation evenif the doc. type is same.

Also check this link if anything is missing.

Version Management in Purchase

Requisitions and Purchase Orders

Regards

Binoy

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Binoy,

We have one purchasing organisation across the group. I have already been through above link and all the settings are same and it work properly.Only some of the PO's the above case  happens.

Regards

Sachin

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Then check with Technical team if any custom development coming your way.

Regards

Binoy

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To generate new version, Your version 0 PO should be fully released and outputted. (Go to message- and check your message type have green traffic light).

-Once PO is fully release and outputted, any change in the PO will trigger the new version but that also depend that field relevant to version management or not. SAP give version management on few fields by default e.g. delivery date and net price. You can add more fields in the configuration if your change relevant field is not triggering new version.