cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information steward and login to BW

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, we are using SAP IS, BODS and Teradata as main DWH. In order to see full life cycle of data i suggested to use metadata part of IS. Since we are using OpeHub and extractors, therefore I do believe that there is no need to use a lot of things from BW, such as infocubes, infoobjects etc. I successfully have estabished connection to SAP BW, but when I execute integrator then it fails with error "No RFC authorization for function module XXXXXXXXXX", which I assume is being used somewhere. So, then the only opytion is to provide this RFC connection for function module?

Also, is there a way how to limit IS integrator to index only OpenHub and Extractors, at the moment it  seems that IS is indexing everything...

Regards, MIke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, The RFC problem is coming from BW. The reason is more than likely because you have a multi-source universe. Metadata manager needs to hit everything in order to gather lineage. I'd ask your BW guy to run Tcode SM59 to look at the RFC calls. Maybe they aren't getting released. If that's the case they will need to be manually deleted. Then try again. As for skipping parts of the gathering process. It can be done. You could possibly look here to see what options there are for the integrator your using.  http://www.metaintegration.net/Products/MIMB/SupportedTools.html Hope this helps BW

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can't speak to your BW interface issue but I know that with the Metadata Manager version 11 product, SAP Support helped us create a config file that listed reports to skip in the collection process.  I'm not sure if this functionality is incorporated in the product now or not as I think they had to send us a patch for it.  You should probably ask Support about it.