cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issues with SAP Data Services 4.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are having significant performance issues with our SAP Data Services 4.2 environment. The underlying database is DB2. Below are the times noted for logging into the DS Designer from the local laptops.

Login Time

Getting Job from Central Time

870 Seconds

963 Seconds

Also, a test was performed to launch the designer directly from the server and the performance was as expected. Please see below.

Login Time

Getting Job from Central Time

6 Seconds

60 Seconds

While this seems to be a network issue, we are able to launch and execute queries on the DB2 client without any issues. I also noticed that there were similar issues with DS 4.1 which were resolved with the release of a support pack and subsequently fixed in 4.2 Any help will be appreciated.

-Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got a reply from SAP. This is a known issue and they will be releasing a fix with DS 4.2 SP2 Patch 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same issue, can someone confirm that performace issue is solved with DS 4.2 SP2 Patch 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet.We still haven't received a confirmation from SAP that that the patch is released with the fix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrading to SP4 has solved our issue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On further analysis, the issue seems to be with the Central Repository. Once the central repository was deactivated, the login time on the DB2 local repository improved significantly to 15 seconds. This seems to be an issue with DS 4.2  and we are continuing to investigate. I will post results/solutions shortly.

former_member208363
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is your laptop RAM size?

DId you check if any antivirus is scanning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

4 GB RAM. I doubt this is related to the anti virus software because the performance is fine while connecting through a DB2 client. In any case, will look into this and update this thread.