cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP Weeks that Cross 2 Months

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a week that starts on the 30th of the Month1, and finishes on the 5th of Month2 how does APO deal with this disaggregation? What configuration should  do to make this work to the best it can? For example, how can a weekly total of 70 eaches be split so 2/7ths are in month 1 and 5/7ths in month 2.

Is it important that the storage buckets are days, weeks and months? so it chops it down to days before aggregating it back up? Or will a storage bucket profiles of weeks and months be 'smart enough' to work out the proportions of a week in each of the months 1 & 2?

S SB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi SSB,

One of the way of keyfigure dissagrigation which I know is that you can disggrigate the Keyfigure (say KF1) based on other keyfigure (eg: KF2) and this configuration can be done under

(Tcode: /n/sapapo/msdp_admin) planning area --> Keyfigure disaggrigation tab.

If you see above configuration ,keyfigure (forecast) is disaggrigated based on other keyfigure (APODPDANT).

" For a week that starts on the 30th of the Month1, and finishes on the 5th of Month2 how does APO deal with this disaggregation? "

In my last project I had come across one issue where we have the same situation as you asked. The problem was that the disaggrigation was not happening correctly in a week which spans two months (as you asked). The forecast value was getting doubled in the week which spans two months.

If the reference kefigure(KF2) value is 0 then disaggrigation for (KF1) is not happening correctly as I explained above keyfigure (KF1) value is getting doubled. If the reference keyfigure value(KF2) is 'blank' not 0 then it works fine.

Also refer the note 737230 to understand the concept of technical periods as the data in Live cache is stored in technical periods.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards

Gaurav

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi S SB,

Did the above explanation helpful for you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The concept of technical periods was the important part to me. Once i understood that it was clearer for me.

Thank you.

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi S SB,

You can find more information on

Fiscal Year and Calendar Year - Fiscal Year - SAP Library

Regards,

Sachin

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi S SB,

You define posting periods in your fiscal year variants. You can open and close these posting periods for posting. As many periods as you require can be open for posting simultaneously.

Usually, only the current posting period is open for posting, all other posting periods are closed. At the end of this posting period, the period is closed, and the next posting period is opened.

Special periods can be open for closing postings during the period-end closing.

For example, Here we defined posting period for weekly bucket for the month of Oct 2014.

September month ends on  30.09.2014 and hence define this as a next posting and so on.

Once you define calender then configure your storage bucket profile.

For example-

Hope it helps you...!!!

Regards,

Sachin

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use a Fiscal year variant and posting periods in OB29 and configure your SBP. In that way, disaggregation happens accordingly or if you want to use Gregorian Calendar, then it is advisable to store in Monthly and Weekly.

Regards

JB