cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Design cannot connect to BI query

rsro2005
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am connecting the bex query to dashboard designer 4.1 using BICS and publishing back to SAP BW 7.4.  The connection is working but if i try to preview the data using DATA Preview tab in DATA MANAGER    i am getting this error .  Any one knows how to resolve this ?

"Dashboard Design cannot connect to BI query because of the IO connection fault, please make sure your request url is valid and connection is good"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which connection are you using Query browser or SAP Netweaver Connection, how are you trying to publish back to bw using which method. Publishing is only possible through "SAP Netweaver connection" that too to the portals not the BW Server. Please clarify me if i am wrong.

rsro2005
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I'm using SAP Netweaver Connection. I can see the querys in bw but I can't get the data, even data preview.

I'm able to execute query in portal.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Check in BW with the TCode - RSRT, whether BEx Query works Fine.

2. In design time you cannot view the data in the spreadsheet,only at the time of preview you can. Please check whether it run based on any filters or check id has the proper authorization and role to execute.

3. Try with the simple Bex query with admin rights.