cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the child nodes under the same column

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the Bex report where a Hierarchy is using .... the client wants the child nodes all to displayed under the main hierarchy object ....not like expanding the nodes , sub nodes as tree structure...Please give ur suggestions in BI 7.3 version(client)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavana,

Do you mean you want to display as all nodes expanded? If so, you can set the expand to level property in the hierarchy tab of your characteristic.

Regards

Yasemin...

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavana

The name Hierarchy itself says that its for a hierarchy display and I am afraid you cannot achieve what you have asked for in hierarchy. 

But the way to get this done is to have all the lower level nodes as attributes of an infoobject. Then you can display them as and how the high level is displayed.

Say for example, I have product hierarchy in report. For a material 100, lets say the product hierarchy is 201302456. In this, lets consider the first three digits (201) are country code, the second three digits (302) are state code and last three digits (456) are city code.

So in the current situation with hierarchy in place the report will look like below.

Country     201

State     302

City     456

Material 100

When you have as an attributes of product, you can just derive them in transformation and populate it in report without any issues. Then your report will look like

Country     State     City     Material

201            302       456     100

Regards

Karthik