cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Characters stopping ODS Activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

While activating the data in ODS I am getting an error as:

Value "ill.•" (HEX 696C6C2E07) of characteristic XYZ contains and error at position 5.

Symbol • is character BEL in ASCII and 07 in HEX. How do I replace this character to something else may be underscore to avoid the activation error?

I have alreaedy written a subroutine to replace #, !, horizontal tab, new line character with underscore.

Thanks,

Sonal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If there are few records you can resolve it by editing bad records in PSA. But this is not the permanent solution so better check ECC side...Why the invalid characters are coming.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is coming due to bad data maintained by users. However its now in non-editable mode and hence I cannot change the original data to get rid of the issue.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was solved by replacing the invalid characters with underscore in my FM on which my datasource is based on.

Thanks for the hints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replacing % with underscore also doesnt work. That character is ASCII BEL. Not sure what to enter in RSKC too so am thinking to handle it on the source FM side. In the FM itself I will replace it with _ and then load in BW.

Thanks for everybody's help and ideas.

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

You right.

How say Priyanka, if you want a permanent solution, you need check ecc side for apply a validation in this field.

Regards.

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal

I would too echo the suggestions from Priyanka & Francisco, the most preferable solution would be to avoid/fix it in source of data.

If you convert/change the data in BW using logics then you are basically creating deviations (Despite being master data) between the source and BW system and at times confuse users.

Ashish 

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

You need write a routine for del this characteres:

REPLACE ALL OCURRENCES OF ''ill.%' IN LV_STRING WITH ''.

Or use RSKC how say Amit.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete bad request from DSO.

Edit field XYZ in PSA, run the DTP once again and activate it.

Thanks,

Somesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add this character in RSKC tcode and then try to activate DSO.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for a clue. I will try this solution & update whether it works or not.

But the thing is I am not sure which character to put in RSKC. If I try using this character as it is in routine as soon as I click on syntax check the character is replaced by # sign.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

Try to copy this character in RSKC and see if it works..

Regards,

Loed

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

By looking into your there is some special character populating from source seems like its dot/asterisk and its not #,!, Horizontal tab hence as workaround you can edit the records in PSA and process further. for permanent fix please take ABAPer help for writing proper code in overcoming this kind of errors in future.

Best Regards,

Harish 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the character is BEL character or hex 07 but I am not finding its corresponding character which I can write routine for. Hence raised this message to know if anybody has an idea of what character should I replace it with. Also yes as a workaround I can edit it in PSA but I am looking for permanent solution.

Thanks for your inputs.

former_member360228
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have already written a routine then it should have been replaced, check your routine again. Otherwise you can always change that record in the PSA and then load the DSO.

Regards,

Arminder Singh