former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am uploading data through OASV.

The required entry will be as below:

Asset GL A/C------------------------------------------DR

Accumulated Depreciation A/C-----------------CR

Depreciation for the year A/C-------------------CR (in case we are uploading the data in the middle of the year)

Offsetting Entry A/C--------------------------------CR

I have the following doubts:

1. Do we assign  Asset Acquisition value  in Asset GL account--------DR?

2. Since we are uploading in OASV in the middle of the year, do we have to Credit Depreciation for the year GL A/C or it should be Debit since it is a Debit item and part of P&L?

3. Is the offsetting entry the balance figure?

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we need to enter manually the APC values for debiting respective APC Account which then makes the reconciliation between GL and AA.

Depreciation for the year (in case of migration during the year) can be entered directly in AS92 and related deprection account can be debited and accumulated depreciation account can be credited to that extent in OASV.

Offsetting account will have the balancing figures representing migration account.

Regards,

Sridhar

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying to post the above entry in OASV I am getting error message that, Cost Center/Cost object required.

I find the depreciation for the year GL needs Cost Center for posting. Hence we cannot post depreciation in OASV.

Kindly suggest how to post depreciation for the year?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin,

In OASV, you can post the balances of asset GLs & its accumulated depreciation (upto to middle year) only. For depreciation you have to post entry in FB01 by debiting to dep.a/c and crediting to legacy off setting a/c.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OASV T-Code you will post the entry till the last date of previous year. So that will be Asset Acquisition GL A/C Dr To Acc. Depreciation GL To Legacy Data GL. And for the purpose of current year depreciation, the normal entry would be done Depreciation GL A/C Dr to Accumulated Depre GL.

Regards,

Malhar.