cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server Editions

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQL Server Express is supported for CMS, and I'm considering using Express edition for the CMS & Audit databases.  Other databases will be on an Enterprise edition remote server.  But I was considering installing Express "locally", to reduce latency.   The big enterprise database server is also sometimes very busy and can be slow to respond so I was thinking that this might make CMC, and some InfoView functions more responsive.

Any concerns?  Any particular reason to avoid Express, if the size/capacity limits of Express edition are not a factor?  Does this sound like a good idea, bad idea, or more likely "it depends"?

This will be for a 4.1 SP4 installation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Benjamin,

Installing the CMS database locally should be ok but I would have concerns installing the Audit database locally and using SQL Express.

Depending on the level of Audit being used the database will grow and will require some database management.  Also if you decide to move the Monitoring database to Audit, this will add to the overhead.

Also make sure to use SQL Express 2012 64bit ADV download with Management tools, see link for download below.

Download Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Express from Official Microsoft Download Center

Regards,

Ajay