cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle costs to Sales Order & then to GL

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

I know you can settle costs to sales order item from an Internal  Order or Journal or by using sales item as a cost object in time entry via CAT2 transaction, but my question is it possible to settle all these costs on the sales order to a GL without using results analysis?

Thanks

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

It is possible to settle to GL (just check the settlement profile options), but if you have Result Analysis activated it is also posted during the settlement.  I think you need to decide if you want one or another or both.

Regards,

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i have settled the costs from the service order  to the sales order and split the labour and material cost using the allocation structure in the settlement configuration.

But how do I now settle these costs to using the same split to the GL? For example I had £100 for labour and £300 for material from the service order settlement to the sales order. Now I want to settle the £100 labour from the sales order to labour GL account and the same for material?

thanks Joe

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to manage another settlement profile and assign it to SO level... But I never tried it.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Settlement to GL account is so called External settlement, while before you were running so called internal settlements.  I believe you can specify just one GL account as receiver for the net profit/loss of your sales order item, but it can be different settlement accounts to offset it according to the allocation structure.

If you want more than one GL account as receiver the split between them is either manual amount of percentages.

former_member355038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the information, I will check the allocation structure.

What I am trying to achieve is to link Service Orders costs and the revenue from the Sales Order.

Another option maybe to settle the Service Order to the GL(Labour & Material) and then create a report which gets the FI data for the GL costs and details of the Service Order and the linked Sales Order revenue.

thanks Joe

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I do not get that, because your cost vs revenue are linked together at Sales order already after Cost settlement to SD order position. Usually that would settle to COPA next and not to the GL account.  You have matched them already at SD order item for Profitability while at the same time GL accounts are there too.

Cheers,

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Create and assign a Source Structure to your Sales Order settlement profile

Create 2 assignments in your Source Structure - 10 - Labor / 20 - Material and assign respective cost elements into it

While maintaining the Settlement rule for Sales Order, maintain it like this

Receiver Object - Receiver - % - Source Assignment

G/L -                    12345 - 100% - 10

G/L -                    56789 - 100% - 20

Br, Ajay M

Answers (0)