cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility for PI to Kickoff BW process chain.

0 Kudos

PI needs to kick off process chain that loads file from datasource to datastore & archive flat file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I received more clarity for this requirement. We've decided to go with Function module to kick off the process chain.

In PI, I need to make sure when there a file in the target path, I need to call a function module & insert a value say "X"... There is no mapping required from the file. If the file is arrived in the folder, PI should immediately call the FM & insert the value. Could you please help me with this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harry ,

You can make a file to proxy scenario in which you can call that function module.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response Gaurav.If I generate service interfaces, how do I handle the abap part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can take help from ABAP team.

Link for some reference :

Step-by-step FTP to ABAP Proxy - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

I think it's a bit risky if you don't use the BW extract process because although you can know the table in BW PSA, BW works weirdly with this table sometimes it deletes registers or it uses a flag to know if it needs to up data or to do a delta upload to the next abstraction level. I repeat that I'm not a BW expert but talking with BW colleagues about this possibility they never recommend to skip the BW extraction to the PSA, i think the best option is to use the BW extraction but with webservices or similar.

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Are you talking about the process that extract the information from to endpoints to BW?, I am not an expert in BW and i haven't so clear what BW process you need to deal with PI.

Check thisData Transfer Using Process Integration - Transferring Data Using Web Services - SAP Library

Hope this helps.

Regards.