cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick ? To install BO XI 3.1 SP7 do I really need to install SP5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My server is on a VM and I can't get more space added. I assumed I could uninstall SP5 to get the space and then Install SP7. But after looking at the documents it looks like I might only be able to install SP7 if my server is on SP5.

Which leads to me to this question. If I am doing a fresh install of BO do I need to install a base install, then SP1, SP3, SP5 and then SP7, or does the package ENTERPRISE07_0-10007443 have the full install with SP7 slipstream in. But, if that is the case then why do none fresh install require an SP5 install.

I don't see why they don't have the packages labeled as Complete install, or Service Pack.

The info page says this

Installing SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 for the First Time Install SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3 from this location; this is the latest Service Pack of the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 software.

WHAT? SP3 is the latest? I'm looking at a list with SP7 in it.

Anyways, Can someone tell me if I can jump right to SP7 if SP3 is installed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philip,

Only starting from XI 3.1 SP5 is the service packs are commutative and contains fixes from previous XI 3.1 patches.  If you are on SP3, you MUST go to SP5 and then you can jump straight to SP7.

You best reference is look at the older Forward Fit document, which tells you what has been forward fit and what each SP contains, see link

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000272572011E

XI 3.1 SP3 - go to SP5 - go to SP7.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can only get to SP5, I can't install anything else because the service packs take up like 8 gig before running the server out of space. I don't get how a 2 gig file unpacks so much. So we are stuck on SP5. Unless there is a switch or parameter that can be passed to the executable to not create backup files or something. I can always roll back to a snapshot of the VM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are installing fresh install SP5 or SP7, that is your primary install. But if you already installed base, you cannot go to SP5 directly. You need to install SP3 to go to SP5 or SP7.

SAP streamlined the process in BO 4.0 and above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I had SP3 installed, I tried to install SP7 and it said I my existing version was too low, So now I am installing SP5. Ugh. Thanks.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only jump 2 service packs. It is documented in Service Pack install guide.
If you want to go Sp7, you need Sp5 minimum.
If you start on Sp3, to get to SP7 you need to install Sp5 first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did see that. I don't get it, since SP7 contains all the bits for a full install.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

full install and upgrade are 2 different things. You can do Sp7 full install and then migrate your Sp3 content using import wizard. That works too.