cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Connection timed out in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on SAP EC Portal. I need to upload a XML file of 90 K data. For uploading I am using web services. I have written a program in SAP NWDS (webdynpro Java Application), which import data from application server to database through web services. I am getting  500 Connection(ICM) timed out error after 10 mins. I do not want to increase time limit of ICM. Is there any way through which I can avoid this error and can upload the XML file.

Thanks

Kritika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kritika

Can u tell me did u mentioned the time out for the

icm/keep_alive_timeout.

As per the ABAP Stack Engine it shoul be 60 seconds

Or If it is a Dual Stack or Java Engine it should be 600 seconds

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is Java Engine and ICM time is given as 600 sec.

I have used timed trigger and through this,if I am sending a file with small data (which can be uploaded within 10 mins) I am not getting time out error till I close the browser. But when I am uploading a file which has 50 K data though on the view I am getting time out error( 500 internal time out error) in 10 mins but at back end the event is running and all data is getting imported into database.

Please help me in avoiding time out error and how to download status file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krithika

Can u Send me the Screen Shot of the error ,you are facing .

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Krithika

Do you have idea in Using iveiw,coz it was some more what critical ,if u want to transfer the data ie.PAR files from the DEV to QAS .you have to go through an excersize ,so that you can transfer the files from DEV to QAS without the portal assignment ,so before doing the action please be very carefull .

On First please check this in your System,

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kritika

1. If possible you have to fine tune the upload program and At what stage the program spending more time?

2. As per this SAP note have you define the timeout parameters in you ICM?

824554 - ICM and SAP Web Dispatcher Timeout Parameter

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a quick reply.

I have two parts in program. First part upload XML file from my desktop to application server and second part import data from application server to database through wed services. I am able to upload a XML file of 90 K within 2 mins. No sooner do data start importing int database than ICM time starts. In this process I am getting time out error.

Is there any way through which I can capture this time out error n my code and re invoke http request.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case you can increase the time out from 10 to 20 or 30 min during off peak time or any system down time and then check the XML upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to this technology and I want to understand how connection gets invoke( in codes only connection invokes or not). Can I make this process as a background process?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can process in a background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please guide me, how to make it as background job.