cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No master data check in combincatio with > < lt gt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all,

I defined a user-entry variable type "select options". Underlying characteristic has master data.

When user selects value X and value X is not a master data, the user receives a error "Value for variable is invalid" (this so far works as designed).

But that moment, the user uses >X or <X no error is shown and the report can be executed.

Does anybody has an idea, if this behaviour can be changed that way, so that even im combination with > < >= <= the master data is checked?

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I think theoretically this is possible. In i_step 3 you can check the values. You can read the sign in the exit. Such a code should work I guess:

loop at i_t_var_range into loc_var_range where vnam = 'YOURVARIABLE'

if loc_var_range-opt <> 'EQ'   (This will check the operand being nonequal).

You can do your check or give the error in this part.

endif.

endloop.

This is not a solution I tried before, you can just give it a try and let's know the result.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Yasemin,

thank you for your answer; but this solution is not applicable in my situation. It remains unsolved and is shown in the trainings.

Thanks you anyway,

Christian

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

in the you bex Query designer, in the 'Extended' properties of the characteristics that you are using, try playing with options in 'filter value selection at query execution'

Thanks,

Swati.

Answers (0)