cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone Issue SAP Syclo Workmanager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All , I am facing time zone issue in SAP Syclo WM . Below stpes i am taking : Step 1 : Create a work order on the iPad, synchronize with ECC. Display WO in ECC, Malfunction date and  start time is correct. Display malfunction start time on iPad is 2 hours before correct time this means that the malfunction time on the iPad is UTC time. Step 2 : Went in an put in malfunction end time, same as time on the iPad. Synchronized back to SAP, Time is the same as we had on the iPad. No changes. Stpe 3: Ended the WO and added time. Correct on the iPad, Synchronized back to SAP. Time in ECC has added two hours to the time on the iPad. Can you provide suggestion on it ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

What timezone is the ECC server host set to?

What timezone is the Agentry/SMP server host set to?

What timezone is the iPad set to?

I am guessing the ECC server is two hours behind the SMP server.  If this is the case you simply need to tell Agentry the timezone for the Java connection so times can be properly converted.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bill , 1) ECC Server in EU time zone . 2) Agentry Server is also EU time zone 3) iPad is also running from EU time zone . But still facing this issue . Agentry.ini settings are below : ________________________________________________________________ [TimeZoneAlias] New York=(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) GMT=(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time Greenwich Mean Time=(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time Amsterdam=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Midden-Europese standaardtijd=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Paris=(UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris heure normale de l’Europe centrale = (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris ______________________________________________________________________ timeZoneName=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna ________________________________________________________________________ Can you provide some suggestion on it ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

When you say something like this:

Time in ECC has added two hours to the time on the iPad.

My questions are:

1. What are you looking at in ECC that added the two hours (you have a screen shot)? The SAP notes?
  2. What is your version of SMP? Is it 2.3 or 3.0?
  3. What is the official time issue - the start time or end time?

Some potential resolution if you are using Work Manager 6.0:

SAP Note: 2069376 - Labor time issue - The start and finish time for SAP Work Manager are captured incorrectly while recording labor time for work order.

Let me know.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer (Mobility)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

As Mark mentioned are you sure the time values being submitted are correct?   Have you checked the logs to see what values were actually sent versus stored in ECC?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bill , I am facing time zone issue while doing sync from client device . When i see in events.log file i can see below error . Client Time Zone 'Midden-Europese standaardtijd|Europe/Amsterdam' is not recognized and no alias was found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini . event though i set alias in Agentry.ini files [TimeZoneAlias] New York=(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) GMT=(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time Greenwich Mean Time=(UTC) Coordinated Universal Time Amsterdam=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Midden-Europese standaardtijd=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Paris=(UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris heure normale de l’Europe centrale = (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris can you provide suggetion on it ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Agentry Server is trying to match the lines exactly in the Time Zone Alias section.

You will need to add "Midden-Europese standaardtijd|Europe/Amsterdam" to the left side of the equal sign and on the right add the Time Zone that is listed on the Agentry Servers OS that matches it.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your issue can also be influenced by the backend user profile timezone setting.

Please check this as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All / Merten , I am getting some time zone issue in CET and UTC time zone . Info is below : 1)SAP User time Zone is "CET" + Agnetry Server Time Zone "CET" + iPad Client Time Zone "CET" . 2) SAP Sys. Time Zone in "UTC" . So , When i crete orders and notification from iPad client to SAP then notification Malf.start time is updated in SAP correct because based on my order type is automatically created . But when i am dowloading Notification to iPad client then i am getting notification Malf.start time in UTC insted of CET but still in SAP its in CET time only  . So some conversion happing in via Agentry Server . I have checked events.log file as well and getting belowe message : Client Time Zone 'Midden-Europese standaardtijd|Europe/Amsterdam' is not recognized and no alias was found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini But i also set in [TimeZoneAlias] in Agentry.ini files like Midden-Europese standaardtijd|Europe/Amsterdam=(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Can you provide some suggetion on it ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All , Any suggestion for my last post . I really need to understand why its happening like this . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya