cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing labels using SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think it is pretty basic but haven't come across any tutorials to print product / pallet (packaging) labels using SAP B1. We need these to be pasted on each order that goes out for relevant customers.

Can someone guide?

Thanks!

Regards,

YP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YP,

I would suggest using Crystal Reports to design the label report.
A similar report I had done for a client who needed production order labels for the shop floor users.

Once the design was approved, it was printed to a specific printer which had the label paper.

Kind Regards,

Nick Lakasas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick and Nagarajan,

How do I link the batch number / serial number of an item of delivery docket to a field? It is very confusing and varies with each Delivery docket of a part number so dont know which field to point to.

Also we have a datamax printer and zebra printer, do I need to do any coding of input to them so that they can read data and print or is it like printer setup in document properties of PLD?

Can we print barcodes using free barcode fonts in crystal reports or do I need a special program for that?

Any help is appreciable.

Thanks!

Regards,

YP.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking for link between delivery and serial number? If yes, try this link:

ODLN T0 INNER JOIN DLN1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry left join SRI1 T2 on T2.[ItemCode] = T1.[ItemCode] INNER JOIN OSRI T3 ON T2.SysSerial = T3.SysSerial and T3.[ItemCode] = T2.[ItemCode]

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I believe this will be through UDF and FMS - linked with querry. Is my understanding correct?

Also when i select "print document with batch summary" in delivery docket (PLD - document properties), it prints with the Batch # / #s of the item/s as a sub report. We are trying to clube both the reports in one.

The data field "Batch" of PLD points to a system variable 492. What is this? How can I capture the system variable number relevant to my delivery docket?

Thanks!

Regards,

YP

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you need UDF and FMS? Are you looking for crystal report or PLD?

System variable is used another way pulling data from tables into PLD report. It is not east find all system variables.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion. I am trying to do through PLD as well as Crystal report as our IT guy will try to configure the printers.

In case of Crystal reports, how can I attach the query to a detail field?

thanks!

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add query through crystal report command and then you can pull required in crystal report.

Also you need define parameter for your query through command.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I found the system variable for the field I want from the PLD vars.xls file. It is same as I see in system's default reports. Variable Number 492 (screen shot below)

However, when I try to customise the PLD in system-default delivery docket, it does not print the batch number.

Would you be able to tell why?

Thanks!

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried with system PLD "Delivery Including Batch/SN (System)" for printing delivery order with batch number?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using that as a base document and sort of copying the fields I need for another version of the report.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make another version of this report, save it as another PLD to edit and add required field

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I have now been able to create Printing labels using CR for SAP B1. But need to setup the report such that it prints label copies based on order quantity field in each record.

e.g - our customer wants 5010 quantity of part "a". Our packaging unit is 100/box. So it should print 50 labels of package qty 100 + 1 label for package qty blank or 10(which ever is easily doable).

I found a link similar to this solution, but could not work out steps to make the inner join and loop the report printing. Also I created the repeater table (mentioned in the solution) externally i.e in notepad and linked to CR. But do i need to do it in SAP B1 database or ???

Duplicating Records based on a Quantity Field - Business Objects: Crystal Reports 1 Formulas FAQ - T...

Can you help?

Its unfortunate but our IT guy is new to Crystal so not getting enough help from him.

Thanks!

Regards,

YP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash

I had a similar issue and created a command object in Crystal (a query pasted in to Command listed under connection) and joined it to the relevant tables in Database Expert. The following was for delivery labels:

WITH numbers AS

(SELECT 1 as 'MyCounter'

UNION ALL

SELECT  MyCounter + 1

FROM   numbers

WHERE MyCounter < 1000)

SELECT T1.DocEntry, T1.LineNum, T1.ItemCode, T1.Dscription, T1.Quantity, numbers.MyCounter FROM ODLN T0 INNER JOIN DLN1 T1 ON T0.DocEntry = T1.DocEntry

JOIN numbers ON numbers.MyCounter <= T1.Quantity

WHERE T0.DocEntry={?DocKey@}

ORDER BY 1,2,4

OPTION (MAXRECURSION 1000)

Joined to ODLN and DLN1, It simply multiplies out the number of records returned, just vary the quantity field (T1.Quantity above) to that required.

I'd be interested to know what printer you have been using because we have had issues printing from Crystal/SAP B1 to Zebra and Godex.

Regards

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your reply. Will try that and let you know how it went.

As for the Pritner, we have Zebra printer - model - LP2844-Z.

What is the issue you have using CR with Zebra?

If it helps, I had to customize printing size to Zebra compatible in the CR label template and make it default for that report in the SAP B1 printing preferences.

Keen to know the issue you have / had with the printer.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yash

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check this SAP note for label printers:

1043235 - Label/thermal printers are not supported by SAP Business
One

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan