Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Sync BPC Security Roles

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on BPC 10.0. Recently I have created some data access profile and team in development system. Similarly I have done this activity in quality and production system too. But when I look into table UJE_TEAM_AGR I have seen system is created security roles in background for each data access profile.  In this table there is one column called “TEAM_LEADER_AGR” where security role is been displayed.

So I am having an issue here only. In development system it is showing “ZBPC_CML000443” and in production system it is showing “ZBPC_CML000445” for data access profile r_EE_CBT_TELE2 which I have created in both the system.

So my question is how do I sync this role with production. I want development system to be similar as production. Because in quality and production it is sync but in development it is now. Attached is the file for your review. Can someone please provide me step by step process to change this roles in development.

Regards

Parag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Have a look at

Andy

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing this document. It's really good one. But at this point i have already created profile and i want to sync it. Do you have any workaround for this.

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you run the program in PROD and then move them to QA and DEV.

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

It means as per document shared by you if i used import option then it will overwrite all the access profile which is available in Development system.

Also i am having only issue with development so i can direct use importing of data access profile from production to development ? am i right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, so in PROD you run the program to export all the roles onto your PC, then in DEV you run the program to import the roles from the files on your PC.

What you can do also is that you run the program to export in DEV first to make a backup of the existing roles in DEV, just for in case you want it back later.

Andy

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure Andy.

So once i export all the roles from production do i need to import same file to development or is it required to create file in any other format and layout.

All the newly created team's are already in sync so i have to only import data access profile.

Sorry to bother you again and again.

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

You use the same PROD exported file and import it in DEV, there are many options when you run the program, in your case you only need to run once for the access profile.

Andy

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Need one more help.

1. I have exported Team from Production system.

2. Imported the same file to development system.

3. All the team overwritten successfully but roles for the same which system creates in background are still different. Below is the example.

Production System :

APPSET_IDTEAM_IDCAPTIONTEAM_AGRTEAM_LEADER_AGR
PFCR_CT_APAC_ANO_VMSr_CT_APAC_ANO_VMSZBPC_CMT000445ZBPC_CML000445
PFCR_CT_APAC_IDS_SMARTr_CT_APAC_IDS_SMARTZBPC_CMT000446ZBPC_CML000446
PFCR_CT_CN_CUC_HENr_CT_CN_CUC_HENZBPC_CMT000447ZBPC_CML000447
PFCR_CT_JAPAN_JP_PSN_Cr_CT_JAPAN_JP_PSN_CZBPC_CMT000448ZBPC_CML000448

Development System :

APPSET_IDTEAM_IDCAPTIONTEAM_AGRTEAM_LEADER_AGR
PFCR_EE_CBT_TELE2r_EE_CBT_TELE2ZBPC_CMT000443ZBPC_CML000443
PFCR_JP_CBT_JP_PSN_CMSr_JP_CBT_JP_PSN_CMSZBPC_CMT000441ZBPC_CML000441
PFCR_MEA_LGIPr_MEA_LGIPZBPC_CMT000439ZBPC_CML000439
PFCR_MEA_SKILr_MEA_SKILZBPC_CMT000437ZBPC_CML000437

If you see TEAM_AGR and TEAM_LEADGER_AGR column roles are different. For Team ID R_CT_APAC_ANO_VMS the role is ending with 445 in production but in development its ending with 443.

Can you please provide me your expert advise what went wrong here. And what corrective action do i need to take.

Regards

Parag Sawale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Is there any specific reason to create the objects separately into all systems?

If you create them into development and transport them they will be in sync.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish for your response.

our development system and production system is not at all sync. So i am afraid if i use transport from backend system it should not carry wrong data. since i am very much new in BPC hence i am not aware how to create transports in BW and move it to BPC.

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

For making security in sync you can follow the way as Andy suggests.

If you want to sync every object similar to production Such as input schedule, reports, BPF etc you can use UJBR T-code and take backup of environment of production and restore it in the development.

Please be careful if you restore the environment with same name

For transporting objects in BPC 10 you can follw the link below-

Hope this helps.

Regards,