Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to print using RFC from external application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An RFC built  to trigger an output to network printer from external application. I am able to execute RFC in sap & able to print to network printer.

I observe windows print pop up appears when print from SAP.

When i call RFC from external application, i get the success message back, do see NAST record processed successfully in sap, but there is no document printed at printer.

I am using fm  WFMC_MESSAGES_PROCESS, RV_MESSAGE_UPDATE_SINGLE to trigger output with in RFC.

Network printer is setup to use access method - S.

What are my options to print using RFC? Is it Windows printer popup causing an issue?

Appreciate your inputs.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indira,

have you set the output conditions for the RFC user in table NACH (tables B6nn) ?

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Tables nach,b024 are maintained for output type as per config.

Is there anything specific to be maintained for RFC user?

Thanks,

Indira.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What device type is used for the printer in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm guessing you should be able to see something in the spool queue (SP01) for this printer. Have you checked that?

It is odd though that you'd get a Windows print pop-up, I've seen it happen only with other setings... You might want to check if output actually goes to that printer, maybe for some reason it's sent to another device. But overall since this is standard output processing, it should work the same way for RFC user or any other. Unless you use SAPWIN device, the user settings don't even matter.

By the way, we've just tried setting up a Ricoh printer and found some issues with the drivers (none of them worked correctly). We switched to the generic HP driver for now, I still need to send a message to SAP on this.

Also this is not realy an ABAP question, you might want to reach to a Basis admin instead.