Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle Attachement in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the snenario described bellow :

I have To handle attachments in SAP PI using Webservice ( SOAP protocole) .So In my ESR I Have mapped my two fields fiald1 and field2, and in The sender I choose 'Keep attachement', then I generated the WSDL to give it to the portal team.

My question, is this enought ( Choosing keep attachement), to handle attachement in SAP PI ( How the attachment will be encapsulated in SOAP protocole ) , or I have missed something else ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mou,

It is enough to send to an ECC system. The attachments are not inside SOAP envelope there are in the http request, the SOAP only has references to the attachment. If you don't use a special type of attachments like MTOM you won't have any problem.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your Quiq response.

So when I generate my wsdl, the portal team could have a field that support attachement, + the two fields ( f1 and f2) , whitout having any field in ESR for the attachement .??

Regards

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that is correct. Here is an example:

SOAP Sender Config:

SOAP UI Screenshot:

SXI_MONITOR screenshot

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you. So Is it quiq simple. We have just to make 'keep attachment ' in the sender, add a field in the portal that support attachement, send it to SAP PI. Now is it possible to retrieve it ( the attachement to see its content), in SXMB_MONI ?

Cordialy

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is quite simple and to retrieve the content of the attachment in sxmb_moni just right-click on it and save to hard drive. It depends on the attachment though, in my screenshot, it was CSV and it is displaying properly. Other attachments like pdf, word, excel, etc will need to be downloaded before they can be viewed properly.

Regards,

Mark

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Enabling 'Keep attachement' option would solve your issue, as mark said if you need to see the attachments you need to download and view it.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Should we have a field in our WSDL, in order to use the attachement ?

Now when I use SOAPUI without attachement I get the result in SXMB_MONI, but if I attach an attchment I did'nt get any thing.

In my Sender, I use 'Keep attachement'

I get the WSDL from the sender agrement.

Any idea ??